Paws of Provenance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paws of Provenance Official RPG Forum

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inLorebaaseDatabase 1Database 2

Minh's Journal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minh Fan

Minh Fan

Contribution Skill : 11544

Status Page
HP:
Minh's Journal Left_bar_bleue15/15Minh's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
MP:
Minh's Journal Left_bar_bleue10/10Minh's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Stamina:
Minh's Journal Left_bar_bleue317/397Minh's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (317/397)

Minh's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Minh's Journal   Minh's Journal Icon_minitime2/11/2014, 2:54 am

2/10/2014

This is indeed a strange world. I find that many things I used to believe in have been warped about a bit, but that doesn't discourage me from getting answers in the slightest. I haven't spent a great deal of time, but I tend to hear things and witness stuff from my viewpoint.

Some of the people here seem rather friendly, which is always good to know. I want to do my best to help them out, and perhaps my cause will be aided as well. Some of these people are rather reckless, while others are just plain unusual. I can site the instance of the strange cat girl that spoke in an odd manner -- as if she had never seen something like me. Albeit, I'm still not entirely used to this form, but if it allows me to get in touch with the elements quicker, than so be it.

I've noticed a few odd things going on with Reiko and her cohorts. She seems a little out of it when she's around the cow girl. Something about the cow girl bothers me in a way that most don't -- without saying much. There's this strange tension going on between them, yet they put on this display of affection that makes it difficult to put my words to it. Reiko, she's...got a lot of things under control, which I've got to commend, but her way of running things -- she cares a lot about others. I wonder if she has a good deal of ambitions behind her. 

There is another interesting person. Valinea, who was one of the few people curious enough to come up to the watchtower. She's as different from the others as all of them tend to be, but it seems like she's got some kind of interest in the ways of feng shui. I must say, if she's the one who can pretty this place up, I'd surely give her all my word for it and let her balance it out. Some of the layout of this place bothers me. She's a rather potent fighter too, which is impressive. I can tell she has a great deal of experience behind her.

Anyways, I must keep meditating and seeing if I can ever get closer to the solution I need...It may be much longer than I thought.
Back to top Go down
Minh Fan

Minh Fan

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Minh's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minh's Journal   Minh's Journal Icon_minitime2/17/2014, 9:50 pm

2/17/2014

This week has proven interesting. I've seen strange things happen in town, especially with the big girl by the name of Routier. She reminds me a bit of myself -- having a rage and compassion put forth but no ability to control it. Teaching her meditation was a lot like how I once learned from my master -- though unlike her, I have found a way to manage that compassion and ambition and channel it into my raw power while keeping a level head. Perhaps she will learn -- or not. Her fight with her inner demons was rather interesting, but my expectations of her are still low until she's proven she can even handle herself.

In other news, I've started to grow a little more fond of the people in this town. I've taken more time to talk to people, but it may be some time before I know everything I need. I see a lot of stuff happen from the top of the tower so it's been giving me hope that something interesting and worth my time will happen.

Then again, only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Minh Fan

Minh Fan

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Minh's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minh's Journal   Minh's Journal Icon_minitime2/25/2014, 1:15 am

2/24/2014

I feel like I've not had time to really do anything of importance. Not that I really want to -- but... The only thing I think of ever wanting nowadays is a way to get back to where I once was. I always see him laughing at me in my dreams.
Meanwhile, I watch the town deal with that pathetic girl, Routier...she's hopeless. She keeps going around in circles and expects people to bend over to her. If I wasn't trying to hold an act together, I would've disposed of her long ago.

But no matter. I will stay here, and hopefully these people will be able to help me get what I want. Maybe someone can change my mind, but I don't have a ton of expectations of people nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Minh Fan

Minh Fan

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Minh's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minh's Journal   Minh's Journal Icon_minitime3/3/2014, 5:32 am

3/3/2014

It's funny. I wasn't expecting the rain and storm to be present here in our little out-of-thought realm, yet it happened. It's reminded me to appreciate the little bits and pieces that nature has to offer to us, something we tend to forget. Albeit, that doesn't make me a very happy tiger, being a bit skittish about lightning and deathly afraid of being struck at the height I tend to stay, but I digress.

I had finally had the chance to speak with the other feasibly interesting individual in town, which happened to be the Sheep, Valinea. I was interested in showing her the power of a decent meditation, hoping to have her join me in thought, but to my dismay, she proved very incompetent in the endeavor and fell asleep.

Perhaps I should just consider stopping my aid of others. Most of these people prove rather incompetent at a lot of things that seem to make it difficult for me to maintain a docile state, and no one wants an angered tiger.

I'll meditate on it more later.
Back to top Go down
Minh Fan

Minh Fan

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Minh's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minh's Journal   Minh's Journal Icon_minitime3/17/2014, 6:20 am

3/17/2014

Days like these, whereas I look out into the cold misty air as snow falls, makes me think of my days where I stayed out and about, training myself against the frigid conditions in the mountains from time to time. It's been a lot more...peaceful, as of late, though that doesn't mean things are without havoc. I still wait to see if it's even worth my time -- I offer my fist for the good of my own and -- if others wish to believe so, for them.

Still, I wonder what my purpose is here, at times. What say us, if at all, should actually be working towards a goal set forth by she whom we do not know?

I do not know, but perhaps it isn't the most important thing.
Back to top Go down
Minh Fan

Minh Fan

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Minh's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minh's Journal   Minh's Journal Icon_minitime3/27/2014, 2:35 am

3/27/2014

I've been hiding out for some time, just thinking to myself. I heard there was a wedding in town, but I I wanted to avoid it. For the first time so far, I am quite envious of another person in town. It reminds me that I once had aspirations to get married with the love of my life, before she was taken for me.

All I have left for something like that is...well, nothing.

I do not know what to say. I need time.
Back to top Go down
Minh Fan

Minh Fan

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Minh's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minh's Journal   Minh's Journal Icon_minitime4/14/2014, 6:04 am

4/14/2014

It's been weeks since my last visit in town. I've had a chance to see some people once again...it looks like things might have been finally changing in town. I'll be honest, I didn't take these people to be capable of change or improvement. They lack ambition and are just lazy and mindless most of the time -- not quite thinking about some of the bigger things either. It's thinking like that which really disgusted me.

It's fine though. Perhaps I shall make new judgments about these people soon. I am starting to see them more and more often and I bring a new level of power with me. Soon, I shall sprint towards my goal and be one step closer to my ideal state.
Back to top Go down
Minh Fan

Minh Fan

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Minh's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minh's Journal   Minh's Journal Icon_minitime4/22/2014, 11:12 am

4/22/2014

At last, I bring myself back into the town. I'm quite impressed with the changes around town and the sense of order brought to it by laws is admirable. The greeting I got was rather mellow for what I know this town for, although I am not particularly looking to be the center of attention, trying to maintain a humble nature. Shizue's cooking is as delcious as ever, reminding me I should resume my culinary pursuits once more.

In other news, I'm a little baffled by this odd sensation of forgetfulness. I wasn't in town to remember too much, but I have had this odd feeling that I've forgotten something. Did I leave a spare tie in the other areas? Of all the trivial things-- did it have to be a tie?! Err... never mind.
I do appreciate the little things here. For example, where did this lake come from? It's like a beauty crafted from nature only exemplified by the view in my new loft post.... It's truly magnificent.

Well, I shall take time to meditate on this and learn what I've missed in my leave.
Back to top Go down
Minh Fan

Minh Fan

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Minh's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minh's Journal   Minh's Journal Icon_minitime4/29/2014, 5:12 am

4/29/2014

The view of the town is quite the relaxing one, as I watch this peaceful and warm place grow into something more and more of a home. It humbles me a lot more than I've felt in quite some time -- it makes me quite glad to see people understanding their own paths to enlightenment and figuring their heads into the proper sets. It makes me think about what I would do with myself.
I still have ambitions to fulfill and answers to be had -- I must become stronger to take back what was once mine... but how will I do that in this world? That is something I've had yet to know. It brings me to look at the so-called "cicerone".

What is her purpose in this game? Is she really just here to moderate us? She is not the ultimate creator? I wonder if my own knowledge of the deities above pertains any relevance in this realm...? Maybe, maybe not. It's quite entertaining to know that the local shrine maiden has taken to worshiping this supposed goddess of ours, but perhaps she should use her worship as a means of inquiry rather than appreciation. One day, I could ask her too and get the answers I need.

What do I truly need though...?
Back to top Go down
Minh Fan

Minh Fan

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Minh's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minh's Journal   Minh's Journal Icon_minitime5/5/2014, 5:35 am

5/5/2014

What do people wish so certainly, that we continue at a game which we've no other reward than our own existence? In fact, the idea of fighting for existence seems quite strange. Are we truly to disappear? Are we truly to leave and never be remembered by anyone?

It is an odd thing to think about. If someone exists -- or doesn't exist, how would we know? Should they not have ever been there, we would go on endlessly not remembering who was gone simply because we -- logically -- had never met them if they didn't exist. Do we exist? I would certainly say so, and to erase our existence would be to erase our death. Perhaps that is the reward for inability to complete this game... we return to our world as if we never did die?

That would be an entertaining thought, although it would be a reward rather than a punishment.
Of course the being at work would not be so kind as to grant us that.
Back to top Go down
Minh Fan

Minh Fan

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Minh's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minh's Journal   Minh's Journal Icon_minitime5/13/2014, 11:42 am

5/13/2014

Let us begin with what we've learned. It seems my suspicion is true about this game: there was indeed a higher being at work the whole time. Based on what I've read so far, the Orinitas order seems to be at work here, but to what extent? It seems quite strange that the deities of my own world would be here watching us as we play this so-called game of theirs. But no matter -- if we do not endure their trials, then we cannot make amends for what we must.

I feel like there will be a breakthrough soon, and we must be prepared for it when it comes at us.
Back to top Go down
Minh Fan

Minh Fan

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Minh's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minh's Journal   Minh's Journal Icon_minitime5/27/2014, 8:35 pm

5/27/2014

I have come to realize that I tend to get weary when I've not had a decent amount of time to talk to people. Although I attribute a lot of my reluctance to my poor impression of a few people around this town, I do think that I may one day find reason to enjoy the company of those here. To begin with, I talked with the ninja in town to learn about him only to realize that he tends to play around a lot and doesn't settle for purely words. It was quite an amusing play though, to chase after him in a game of "tag" as he gathered what he could from my approaches. He's quite the elusive one and a very curious man indeed.

On a side note, I've been watching the town develop and I'm a bit concerned on how they'll handle the upcoming invasion... Let us hope the best comes out of their work.
Back to top Go down
Minh Fan

Minh Fan

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Minh's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minh's Journal   Minh's Journal Icon_minitime6/2/2014, 3:18 pm

6/2/2014

It's quite strange how I've never noticed it. The reason why I'm so used to being quiet with the subtle background around me was not because I was trying to be calm with my meditations, but because I was, perhaps, enjoying the company of someone who I deemed close to me. And she was quite the fine company too, at that.

In my younger days, my fiance was a pleasant noise amongst the quiet sounds of the mountain. "Noise", in this matter, is not a negative thing, but an observation -- a figure to say that I enjoyed, not the silence, but the company. There were not many people out in those lonely mountains to enjoy my presence besides her and the master which I trained under.

I suppose I had a sparking drive, further brightened when that terrible happening occurred. Let us give it more time. I feel like I've got more avenues to explore.
Back to top Go down
Minh Fan

Minh Fan

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Minh's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minh's Journal   Minh's Journal Icon_minitime6/11/2014, 10:04 pm

6/11/2014

Allow me to tell a story.

A long time ago, mages used to be one and one with the monks of the mountains. We had shared a lot of our past and wisdom together, using the greatest bounty of the world -- magic -- to better all of our skills. By understanding magic, the monks began to understand the concept of Qi (pronounced Chi), and integrated our believes in the balance of energies to form our perfect selves.

It is through intense training that we begin to see smaller things in such a big world: a world where only the titans tower and consume our view and we cannot see a path up to the peak of the mountain. Once the mages disbanded from association with the mountain monks, it became clear to us that monkhood is also part self discovery. At least, that was what became clear to me and my master.

Ambition.
That is the fuel that drives progress, but it's misuse can be overshadowing the progress you make if you are careless. To think that such would be possible is sometimes difficult to grasp, but there is evidence, perhaps in even my own faults that shows such a thing. I try to make it less evident that I have made such an error, but in the end, even I am a mortal with faults.

What do we do once that threshold is broken?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Minh's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minh's Journal   Minh's Journal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minh's Journal
Page 1 of 1