Paws of Provenance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paws of Provenance Official RPG Forum

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inLorebaaseDatabase 1Database 2

Lionel's Journal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Lionel

Sir Lionel

Contribution Skill : 12202

Status Page
HP:
Lionel's Journal Left_bar_bleue368/368Lionel's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (368/368)
MP:
Lionel's Journal Left_bar_bleue104/104Lionel's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (104/104)
Stamina:
Lionel's Journal Left_bar_bleue524/495Lionel's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (524/495)

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime2/10/2014, 5:10 am

To King Richard the Lionheart of England:

Dearest king, I have been here for roughly a week and I fear my grief has not yet faded. Even as I write this, I know it will never reach you and yet I feel compelled to write just as we did when we were young. 
As you know I fell in battle but there is no heaven here. I have come to a strange world, been made part animal, and now work with young men and women to protect an afterlife from monsters. 
It is not practical for me to tell you everything but allow me to tell you that I have yet again fallen for a woman I can never have. She is a knight of the church like myself and yet another man pursues her. Out of respect for him I have denied myself these feelings and again I am heartbroken. 
I fear I cannot open myself to the people of this world. The more I do the more pain I cause. 

Lionel
Back to top Go down
Komali

Komali

Contribution Skill : 13807

Status Page
HP:
Lionel's Journal Left_bar_bleue872/872Lionel's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (872/872)
MP:
Lionel's Journal Left_bar_bleue69/69Lionel's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (69/69)
Stamina:
Lionel's Journal Left_bar_bleue709/863Lionel's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (709/863)

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime2/14/2014, 8:30 pm

2/14/14

Dearest King,

I write to you again with a heavy heart.
Living here is an endless river of ebs and flows, ups and downs though there are far more downs than ups. Not two nights ago my choice to remain professional and objective was questioned and shattered. One of my comrades Sayo destroyed my resolve by giving voice to my fears in this world. There is no God here. His watchful eye cannot see me and if He can then it only confirms my fears, I am not meant to love.
Sayo called me a coward for refusing to acknowledge my feelings for the Dame Valinea whom I had loved. Until that night I had denied my feelings to myself out of respect to my comrade Ymir but not long after Sayo’s words he gave me his blessing and I allowed myself to hope for love. She is such a strong and wonderful woman though I fear her time her has shaken her love of the Lord. After the events of this night I know this to be true!
Do you remember my King, those nights in our youth when we would scale the castle walls and steal the undergarments from the young women’s drawers? A youth here, much like we were, has done such a thing while the women bathed and these women are monsters. My leader, my love, and one of the royalty in this camp killed this man in a brutal and shameful way. They tortured him publically, humiliated, and killed him for something that I would have once considered a right of passage!
Yet despite their deeds their sin is not as heinous as my own. I watched. I watched them lift him like a banner and use magic to burn him alive. I listened to him scream and I did nothing. I did not lift a finger and when I could no longer bear it, I hid in my tent and prayed for his screaming to stop.
How can I live with myself knowing that I had it within my power to help him and I did not lest I insult the woman I love? I am not even sure I CAN love her any longer! Thinking of her is revolting and threatens my stomach lest it turn and eject its contents! I am not sure I can bear to look at her let alone myself.
How, dearest King, can I follow such cruel and violent women?
I go now to pray. If the Lord will not listen and answer my prayers I will find the Lord of the world and beg her to smite me.

Sir Lionel
Back to top Go down
Sir Lionel

Sir Lionel

Status Page
HP:
Lionel's Journal Left_bar_bleue368/368Lionel's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (368/368)
MP:
Lionel's Journal Left_bar_bleue104/104Lionel's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (104/104)
Stamina:
Lionel's Journal Left_bar_bleue524/495Lionel's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (524/495)

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime2/22/2014, 11:02 am

2/22/14

Dear King Richard,

I realize that my letters to you have been few and far between. This is only a result of a lack of time rather than personal negligence. So much has happened in such a short amount time that I find it terribly difficult to tell you about all of it so I will instead tell you of only a couple things.
Firstly is the result of my prayer. The god of this world, Trace, came to me and cursed me with a terrible mark on my arm. I desired a punishment and I received it. This mark causes me great physical pain when I choose to reject my feelings or be a coward in any sense of the word. It has taken many days to grow accustomed to and I fear it has damaged my ability to remain patient and professional but in these past two days I have seen remarkable changes in myself as well as in those around me.
There is one in particular here whom I have seen the most change in and has inspired the most change in myself, Sayo. I do not recall where she is from but she is a curious creature. She speaks vaguely and is prone to violence. She does not stay her hand hardly at all even when her punches are weak and she seems tame, Sayo still does not hold back. At first I strongly disliked her. She was constantly taunting me, getting under my skin, and causing great distress but after receiving this mark she has been considerably more forth coming and kind and even bestowed upon me her favor in the form of her scarf, the one she keeps on her person with religious fervor.  I confess her actions have given me hope but they are muddling my feelings.
I have not been this confused nor had the favor of a woman since my darling Kaelyn. Is she well King Richard?
I fear I cannot distinguish between Sayo’s motives. I cannot tell if she is helping me out of geunine desire for my well being and romantic success or if she simply wants to be with me herself. I fear I have no romantic feelings for Sayo, my heart pines for the Dame Valinea but I am finding myself giving Sayo more and more chances and she continues to surprise.
The Dame Valinea is another chapter in my story with far more confusion than is necessary. I fear she may feel nothing for me but I am a coward to not try. I will speak with her, clear the air so to speak, and let her decide how to proceed.

Lionel
Back to top Go down
Sir Lionel

Sir Lionel

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime3/1/2014, 9:47 pm

3/1/14

Dear King Richard,

There is a great joy in this land. I am ashamed that it has taken me so long to realize that the beauty of this second life is the opportunity to do the things that I failed to do when I was by your side. Upon coming here I believed that I was to do as I had always done, put others before myself but I know now that here it is not the case. I am not only permitted some selfishness but encouraged to do so by this mark on my arm that prevents me from hiding my feelings.
I have done as I told you I would do and left it to the Dame Valinea as to the nature of our relationship but after a discussion with another woman here I was bold and told her that I would pursue her hand if she was willing to give me a chance. She did not deny me and instead we shared a tender moment alone that has given me hope. I am determined to not make her uncomfortable and will woo her slowly but I have won a chaste kiss from her that I take to be a good sign that she wishes for me to pursue a relationship with her.
Even with this approval I wish to know her better. I dare not jump to the ending when the courting holds the greatest romance. This journey, while long, will ensure that we are truly meant to be one in the eyes of the lord.
I fear that I may have attracted the attention of others here as well though. A newer member of this town named Tsuzune seems to have taken an interest. The guiles of women confuse me greatly and I cannot tell if her openess and comfort with her body is an attempt at flirting or simply ignorance of common manners. Wherever she is from, they likely have no concept of how inappropriate it is for a man and a woman to be nude before each other outside of marriage.
She admitedly terrifies me to some degree, my king. She has a strange power that completely relaxes the body and mind, lulling them into perfect peace. Under her spell, in such a trance, I fear I was ready to completely stop and stay contentedly in that state forever. Such a spell… The power to make someone so comfortable that they are willing to abandon all of who they are is daunting to say the least.
I wish also to tell you of Komali, my student. I do not recall if I have spoken to you about her or not but I wish to tell you of her progress. Her vocabulary grows everyday, as well as her manners. We are currently practicing remaining calm as she has a very uncatlike level of energy that oft times dominates her ability to recall her training as a human. She reverts very easily but seems more and more determined to become human to impress her fiance, Illium.
I must speak plainly my King, they seem very much in love but I would have never paired them together. Komali has a very open heart and is extremely loyal to Illium but I wonder if he has reservations about their relationship. Despite his proposal I am not convinced they are ready to wed. Illium does not strike me as a man willing to commit nor does his previous station as an assassin stir any comfort within me. I fear many of my early interactions with him were poor and I have a strong dislike of the fellow despite my external, friendly mannerisms towards him.
I will continue to train Komali but I will not aid her relationship. In secret I wish that Illium would call of this wedding and leave Komali to one that can give her the attention she seems to require. At the rate the plans are coming along I may not even need to worry. It is unlikely the wedding will even truly happen.
Forgive the briefness of this letter my King but I must rest now.

Lionel
Back to top Go down
Sir Lionel

Sir Lionel

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime3/8/2014, 11:05 pm

3/8/14

Dear King Richard,

I have news of a pleasant nature and news that is somewhat less exciting. Knowing that you are typically more inclined to ask for the pleasant news first I will begin there.
My relationship with the Dame Valinea has progressed very well and I feel like the courting is going splendidly. She seems to enjoy my company as much as I enjoy hers and we have spent a lot of time together building on this relationship. She tends to sleep a lot though and I find myself very distracted with other things from time to time as I try to maintain some sort of harmony in this camp.
This brings me to the poor news. There is a woman here who acts like a young maiden who has never loved. A boy has slept with her and she is convinced this makes them lovers, destined only for each other and she seeks to force him to this relationship. He does not reciprocate these feelings towards her and has made that known, leading her to believe that the best course of action is to either physically force him by threatening his life or to make him feel so guilty that he can not deny her affections. This has only made him fearful of her. I have encouraged him to talk to her to make amends but everytime he has spoken to her, she has made things infinitely worse by threatening him farther. Most recently she has caused him physical harm that has left a mark on his neck and made him come to the conclusion that things can not be reconciled. He has chosen to avoid her until time has dulled her affections. I support this whole heartedly. If confronting the issue only causes contention in this moment then it is best avoided until the matter can be resolved without contention.
I hope that you apporve of my decision in this manner. I feel as though you would not approve but would rather turn to aggression yourself. You were a reasonable man but surely more inclined to use your fists. It solved a number of issues in our youth but these are for more complex matters.

Lionel
Back to top Go down
Sir Lionel

Sir Lionel

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime3/16/2014, 1:01 am

3/15/14

Dear King Richard,

Victory.

Lionel
Back to top Go down
Sir Lionel

Sir Lionel

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime3/23/2014, 10:06 pm

Dear King Richard,

This week has been one of few events but grand ones. I will begin by speaking to you of the great ones before discussing with you the troubles of my week.
This week the grand airship Hope embarked upon another quest into the melding world and again confronted powerful foes. We were well prepared and the battle ran smoothly. The mightiest foe of the journey fell but I felt as though my own performance was weak. Reiko, our commander, led us well but it seems my techniques were provoking to the monster and my services went mostly unused. Even Komali my pupil was vicious in her attacks and proved more useful. Even the Dame Valinea fared stronger than I.
Ah, the Dame. Things have gone well though I am finding that for such a strong woman my own troubles are foolish. Even I see them as foolish but I still awake in the night, shaking and sweating while tears run down my face. I know that our mission was divine but I was not suited for the warfare we led and it has chosen to haunt me now that I have had time to reflect on myself.
Until now I had been so busy thinking of the Dame Valinea and the good of the town that I had no time to contemplate the last year of my life before I died and arrived here. My dreams seem to believe that now is the time to dwell on that year when my faith was tested and my heart ached for the people I killed in the name of God. I see their faces when I sleep and it fills me with terror unbefitting my station. The Dame agrees. I have told her that I have been having these nightmares but she laughed at me and now I am reminded that it is a foolish weakness, these dreams. I have resolved to just hide them from her. This mark on my arm dislikes that greatly and is causing me great pain at the thought but I would rather endure this secret than continue to bother her with something so trivial.
On a lighter note I officiated a wedding between two young people. I personally do not think that they are the best match but love has a funny way of speaking to the heart and perhaps I am wrong. Only time will tell if they are truly meant to be.

Lionel
Back to top Go down
Sir Lionel

Sir Lionel

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime3/30/2014, 2:59 pm

3/30/14

Dear King Richard,

I have been nothing less than an ill soldier wasting my days laying in bed and fighting sleep with no motivation to do anything else. 
I have been experiencing the flashbacks I previously mentioned more frequently and it is weighing on my soul. It has made me fear sleep and I have chosen to not speak of the stress that this is causing me with anyone other than you as it is a personal struggle. 
The only other news of this week was my battle with Illium. As there is no fear of death here, spars are not fought with fake weapons nor do the participants need to hold back when they fight and Illium most assuredly did not fight back. He is an incredibly good fighter and it is making me respect him more though I still find assassins in general cowardly. 

Lionel
Back to top Go down
Komali

Komali

Status Page
HP:
Lionel's Journal Left_bar_bleue872/872Lionel's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (872/872)
MP:
Stamina:
Lionel's Journal Left_bar_bleue709/863Lionel's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (709/863)

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime4/8/2014, 3:45 pm

4/8/14

Dear King Richard,

I fear that things have not improved with my dreams. I continue to see their faces and I continue to fear going to sleep every night. I am hoping that this new drink, coffee, will help me just continue to postpone my rest that I might put off the terrors for a longer time. 
The sooner this happens the better. I fear that the restless sleep has made me bitter and I have raised my paw to the maid that cleans our home. This needs to stop soon. 

Lionel
Back to top Go down
Sir Lionel

Sir Lionel

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime4/20/2014, 2:21 pm

Dearest King Richard,

I have decided to take the Dame out on a picnic but alas our schedules never seem to adequately align. I may have to just kidnap her and take her away for a little while just to share some quality time together. 
In the meantime, I have one again found myself struggling with the shrine maiden, Tsuzune. She has been naught but trouble for the town and I am not convinced she is actually listening to my words. If she were, there would be more harmony in this town and less of her obsessing. 

Lionel
Back to top Go down
Sir Lionel

Sir Lionel

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime4/27/2014, 5:17 pm

4/27/14

Dear King Richard,

It would seem that this week was the most eventful and uneventful of all. By some strange twist of fate I was erased from this world for a week and life went on. No one remembered who I was until I returned. It was the first time I had seen Valinea so emotional. She knocked me over in her excitement and that alone convinced me that it was true. Somehow I have been gone long enough to cause her extreme pain and I can never allow that to happen again.
I made it up to her today with a picnic away from the town. We talked about some of the things I missed but they do not matter now. What matters is that I have returned and I refuse to leave her again.
It has made me think of our relationship and I have decided to propose to her. I think I will look for when the time is right and then I will present her with the ring and my heart.

Lionel
Back to top Go down
Komali

Komali

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime5/5/2014, 12:07 am

5/4/14

Dear King Richard,

It would seem that this week has been fairly tame aside from one event that is worth noting, Travis confronted his past. I was present though I felt fairly useless in my ability to adequately assist him. This bothers me greatly and I intend to get to know him better so that such a thing will not occur in the future.

My relationship with Val has improved and I am beginning to work towards making her an engagement ring. I think that we are ready for that next step and I am eager to share my life with her in a more formal capacity.
Back to top Go down
Komali

Komali

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime5/11/2014, 6:19 pm

5/11/14

Dear King Richard,

I would take this time, as I always do, to write to you on the events of the week and the troubles of my heart. I have found that the best way to pass the time and maintain an adequate physique is in the form of crafting. I have honed my skills and spent my days making things for the town including one thing that I made personally for myself: a ring.
After the battle last night and the confrontation with the god of this world I have come to the conclusion that we will likely never leave and I am content with this knowledge. It assures me that proposing to Val is the right choice. Even if the Lord cannot see us here, I know his grace will be upon us and bless us for this decision.

Lionel
Back to top Go down
Sir Lionel

Sir Lionel

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime5/25/2014, 2:40 pm

5/25/14

Dear King Richard,

I have not written in some time though this likely would not surprise you. I have taken the next step in my relationship with Valinea and have proposed to her. I do not intend to rush this engagement though I confess I am anxious to allow it to go on for too long prior to a wedding. I will speak to her on that note as I work alongside her.
We have been hard at work. This town has needed some building and I have been contributing my best and focusing my skill set on working for this town. I believe that it is my hard work that will be best for the success of this place.
I have noticed however that there are others with less concerns than success. There is a lot of drama in this town and many who desire relationships and ignore any moral code that they may have once been taught. Many of them engage in premarital sex or selfishly rush into a relationship without any courting.
There is one who has gone from one “true love” to another in a matter of weeks and becomes increasingly obsessed. I do not think she knows the definition of love and has fallen prey to carnal desires.
Oh if I could have the voice of an angel! That I could shake this town with my might and call them all to repentance! Yet I am just a man, a Knight in a country of heathens, and it would be of the Devil to force them to conform to the truth. Rather I will continue to walk in the ways of the Lord and be an example to my fellow men despite how difficult that may be. Even in their misguidance, they are good people and deserving of protection.
Oh, my King. I can hear your voice in my head disagreeing with the notion but I am not so closed-minded that I cannot follow the example of those who came before in kindness rather than the force of the Crusades. I will continue to help them and love them, but I will not engage or support their sins.

Lionel
Back to top Go down
Sir Lionel

Sir Lionel

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime6/1/2014, 8:49 pm

Dear King Richard,

It would seem that despite my prayers I am still subject to the rules of this world and I have made my exodus into my memories to divine an answer to my troubled mind.
Until now I had harbored concerns regarding my current engagement. Out of fear I withheld them from even you, my King, lest they come to pass and the past repeat itself. A past that I was forced to relive by the shadow of my dear Kaelyn. I fear that there was more she wished to tell me but I released her from my presence. It seems that not all of these struggles are solved by fighting as mine was solved via personal revelation. I had never let her go but now that I have I am ready to be wed to my love here. I take Kaelyn’s peaceful passing as a blessing and will proceed.
There are a fair number of others here that I would discuss with you, but I wish to see how things change before I trouble you with them.

Lionel
Back to top Go down
Sir Lionel

Sir Lionel

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime6/8/2014, 1:47 pm

6/8/14

Dear King Richard,

It has been sometime since I have actively discussed my thoughts and feelings on the individuals of the town and I believe it to be a good mental exercise for me to delve into those regarding those with whom I have associated. Similarly, this would be a good opportunity for me to determine who among my comrades needs my services most. I will begin.
Our fearless leader Reiko seems a fair place to start. I have spent little time with her as of late and I can only assume that it is due to her busy schedule but knowing the nature of her relationships I do admittedly wonder if much of her time is consumed by sating her carnal desires with her lovers. That is one thing that troubles me with this world, those that have come from the future have no guidance from the Lord and our leader is no exception. While I cannot support her views on love, I still find her an interesting woman with which to share conversation. It actually grieves me that she has not had as much time to spend around a fire, enjoying the company of her companions or perhaps she is more available than I believe and I just have yet to see her.
I will speak now of Valinea. My dear fiancee and I have spent much of our time in silent company as we both enjoy. The wedding plans are coming along slowly but steadily, which I think we both find comforting. Neither of us see the point of rushing social schedules during peacetime.
Shizue is another one of those with whom I cannot agree on the subject of love. In fact much of the camp is very open with their bodies and it troubles me greatly. They are all so young and yet willingly allow those of the same sex to violate them. I deviate, of course aside from her amorous activities, I find Shizue exceptionally confusing. Her physical prowess certainly matches her past life as an assassin but she does not act like a trained killer at all. Rather, she excels at cooking and is extremely sensitive. It is possible that this is a ruse, a lure that assisted her in her past profession but I will not know until I have the opportunity to talk to her farther. I do very much enjoy her nickname for me as well. She refers to me as the White Knight. I find it mildly ironic considering my past but it is a reminder to me to attempt to maintain some purity in a world of sin.
Illium and Komali I shall adress together considering the greatest news concerns the two of them. Komali gave birth nought two days ago after an unusually quick pregnancy. It was already known that time moved differently in this world but I did not realize that it varied so much based on situation. The pregnancy moved exceptionally quickly but both the mother and the babes are well. I confess I was nervous about this when I first deduced Komali’s condition. Illium and I have had a tolerant relationship bordering on friendship and I fear I do not know him well enough to know if he will make a good father especially since I have never truly cared for their relationship. I even discouraged it prior as you know. However, as I visited those some children and their parents this morning I felt my heart warm with joy. Despite my reservations about Illium, Komali loves him and he her, and I have never seen such resolved resolution in the eyes of a man and a woman. I believe that these small angels, these little gifts, are the joyous result of true love and they have chased away any doubts that I may have had.
Routier… where to begin? My former student whose stubborness and selfishness has kept her from reaching her potential. Val and I both knew she would never be a knight but at least as a student we were able to keep an eye on her. Routier rarely listens and has no desire to learn beyond what she believes to be the most important, being strong enough to protect her lovers, of which she has two fellow women wich whom she shares carnal relations. Both of them I have already discussed as a mater-of-fact. (I do my best to simply avoid this trio and keep my beliefs to myself, partially to avoid making others comfortable, and partially to avoid making myself uncomfortable.) Routier however is a unique case. She is like the women of the court who embraced hypocracy and yet, she is not without hope. Despite her sins and her stubborness I have seen some heart warming behavior from her. It is true that she cares very deeply for those to whome she develops a relationship with and I am pleased that she has those selfless moments for them, I just pray that she can find a way to be less dramatic in her dealings.
I have seen Sayo around more oft these days. I am pleased that she has stopped spending weeks at a time asleep in her room and has actually tried to interact with others. I believe that it is good for her to experience more social interactions if she is to get over her own social insecurities. I do pray for her, Richard. I know little about her past but I know from watching her and interacting with her myself that she is not overly familiar with social situations though she has the same childlike, common sense advice that I see from time to time in Komali. Such a simple mind with just simple words is oft times what we need in a place like this full of misinterpreted words and complex overinterpretations.
Averia and I have maintained a professional relationship but I wonder about her. We talked once long ago but I want to get to know her better. She has made excellent use of a fine staff I have crafted and I am finding that I have an excellent knack for creating bows, staves, and wands. I am not convinced Komali is capable of appreciating the work that went into her bow but Averia has a much more firm grasp on her equipment and it was an absolute joy making that staff for her. Her company is very enjoyable and I think that there is opportunity for a stronger bond there.
I have heard about Minh in passing and I know that Valinea is fond of him but I do not actively recall meeting the man. I have a vague recollection of seeing him briefly on our first voyage but I was immensely seasick and recall very little from those journies. However, in light of Val’s comments during the game “Truth or Dare”, I want to meet this man and perhaps share some tea while I get to know him.
I have had in the past weeks the oportunity to talk to Johnathon a bit more about where he is from and more about his obsession with gaining strength and I am realizing how different all of our worlds are. I knew that they varied in time as well as location but I am shocked at how much they differ in social structure. John genuinely believed that the only way to survive was to be the strongest and to flaunt that strength by harming others or expressing dominance in any other manner. It is an extremely crude, barbaric form of society and John does not seem to realize that he does not have to act that way in this place. I tried to show him that the strongest of men put others first but I fear it meant nothing and as usual I believe my words fell on deaf ears. Oh King, if only this boy would listen, he could see the happiness that is offered in service. I pray that he is well and will take my words to heart. His strength is admirable and great if he would but show humility and apply it to a noble cause.
I have yet to speak with Shira aside from the relationship we have developed as master and maid. She is not unlike the servants from my previous life and I enjoy that she keeps our home neat and orderly. It is an exceptable relationship and while I find myself curious about her, I also know that there is comfort in familiarity and it would be easiest for her to be comfortable when she has orders to follow.
Travis and I have not spoken in sometime which I confess grieves me. I assume he is making good use of the Community Lab that I built on the Northwest side of town as I oft times see the lights on inside. There are other alchemists in town so I could very much be mistaken in that assumption but it pleases me to know that he has a place to pursue his research. Should we find the time, I would enjoy a walk with him.
I would speak now on the topic of a troubled man. Sirocco Vermillion is proof to me that age does not begat peace as one may be led to believe. In fact, Sirocco and I have achieved similar levels of experience in our past lives though inwardly he is around a decade my elder. Even so, the age has come with extensive burdens and his mental capacity to endure them is miniscule. Upon arriving here, Sirocco seemed well and perhaps more receptive to pain but never a man consumed by sorrow but now I know better and it grieves me that his choices have been so blindly made out of grief upon his arrival. The man has expressed his love for his former wife and clings to her within his breast. This is not wrong, as you know my King, but that he would turn to mindless sex with not one, but two separate women in this town is proof of his grieving. He is not ready for a commitment, this much is obvious as he cannot think of his current fiancee without thinking of his former wife and yet he fears ending the relationship. He and I have discussed this at great length, and I will not trouble you with the details, but I will tell you of our conclusion, Sirocco Vermillion is to speak to his fiancee about ending the relationship.
I will tell you King, the women to which Sirocco is engaged is Tsuzune, of whom I have spoken to you before. She is immensely driven by a desire for children which has led me to believe that her love for Sirocco is false, alas I have not yet had the time to talk to HER about the relationship and dare not judge her for an assumption. Yet I fear for them. Tsuzune has proven herself unstable and Sirocco’s fears are justified. It is his fear that terminating the relationship will stimulate Tsuzune into an aggressive state and Sirocco fears hurting her in the instance of defending himself. I have offered to be there for Sirocco when he and she discuss his concerns and hopefully he is released from the poisonous relationship so that he may find peace unbiased.
I have taken it upon myself to train a young woman by the name of Kiraka. Ah, allow me to specify, she is not a trainee so much as a comrade with whom I would share a few techniques. She and I have similar weapons, formed from the same mold and customized appropriately. It is my desire to teach her a few of the combinations that I have developed in this world and found useful. Although… something about her is unsettling, in truth she concerns me greatly and has an unusual air about her that makes me uncomfortable. To think in such a way makes my arm ache greatly and must purge away such feelings.
Of course, King, I must speak of myself as well. For I know that you are no doubt tired of hearing of others when your curiosity strays to the well being of your loyal knight. I will tell you this, there is incredible goodness here amongst the tares. I have fallen upon thorny ground but I maintain my beliefs and uphold them in myself and I will grow as wheat among these the tares of the field.
Oh that I were an angel! And could have the wish of my heart, that I could go forth with a voice of thunder and shake the Earth and cry these my comrades to repentance! There is so much happiness to be found but it is muddled in the things of the world! I have fallen in Sodom and Gomorrah and have held my tongue to maintain the peace but it makes my heart ache. I take comfort in the shared beliefs of my soon to be wife and pray for happiness in our home. I love these people, my comrades that I fight beside, I would give my heart to serve them and so I will, despite their sins, they are still good people, and I will tolerate their beliefs as they tolerate mine in this mismatched harmony that we have created in this forsaken town.
Pray for me, Richard.

Lionel
Back to top Go down
Komali

Komali

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime6/16/2014, 12:53 am

Dear Richard,

It would seem that this world is not without its enemies. The more I learn of this world’s deities the more I feel like a puppet on a string. Even so, we overcame a formidable foe.
I would expand on the events that transpired but I find that I am more amused by the day that followed. I have finally explored the wondrous engineering marvel called TV and the games. They are plays that can be watched within a box, stopped on command, and even allow you to control the actors. Many of the games are very strange with bizarre concepts and others are purely fun with unique art. As though a tapestry was moving rather than actual actors on a stage.
I find it incredibly enjoyable and mildly addicting! I still find time to train but I am finding that these games are a wonderful stress relief! I wish that I could share it with you.

Lionel
Back to top Go down
Komali

Komali

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime6/30/2014, 10:39 am

6/30/14

Dear King Richard,

It has been a long couple weeks but I think that all is well. We have enjoyed some time relaxing and I have spent it researching a curious sport that I have seen on the TV as well as playing these video games. I believe that I am getting exceptionally good at the racing game but I feel as though this sport is coming along far more slowly. I need to rewatch the movie and take further notes. I also believe that Sayo may know how to play as she has demonstrated knowledge of the game. I think that I will speak to her further about getting the rules. In the meantime I still need to speak to Av about enchanting the balls. It is an important part of the game that one of the balls flies and hides swiftly while two others try to attack the players. It seems far more violent now that I think on it but I believe it will be a good opportunity to get the town involved in something together. I will want to go about and see who is interested in the game. I would be loathe to create all the materials and then have no one desire to play.

Lionel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lionel's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lionel's Journal   Lionel's Journal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lionel's Journal
Page 1 of 1