Paws of Provenance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paws of Provenance Official RPG Forum

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inLorebaaseDatabase 1Database 2

Travis's Journal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Travis Algraz

Travis Algraz

Contribution Skill : 11451

Status Page
HP:
Travis's Journal Left_bar_bleue160/160Travis's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (160/160)
MP:
Travis's Journal Left_bar_bleue10/10Travis's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Stamina:
Travis's Journal Left_bar_bleue195/195Travis's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (195/195)

Travis's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Travis's Journal   Travis's Journal Icon_minitime3/4/2014, 12:00 am

The first entry is written down in a rather nice gentle cursive, although the page is slightly crinkled as though it had been wet from the earlier rain

Estimated date… Well, pending that time is accepted as linear here and that the time between my intial T.O.D. and my “rebirth” is negligible and instantaneous then today should be March 3rd. back home as for the year here, I don’t care right now. I think the most important thing is that I start keeping a log so I can monitor my own personal sanity. I think its normal to feel at least a little bit crazy after dying and coming back to life elsewhere unless I’m not really alive and living in some sort of endless matrix where death doesn’t matter or… screw it, this is no time to be philosophical and stupid on paper. Actually it might be the best time since the whole point of this is to remain fairly sane during my time here. So let me go down the list of things that has happened since I’ve gotten here:

- I’ve become slightly accustomed to a village seemingly outside of conventional space and time yet is very Earth like in nature in location.

- My species has changed from wolf to raccoon… a bitter disappointment since I already miss my fangs.

- I’ve started to insert myself in the new social structure and started to attempt foraging for materials.

- I have attempted alchemy and farming once again… my skill seeming to lack a small bit of finesse and I must quickly remedy that lest I lose my talent.

- Lastly and wonderfully I have been a part of a miraculous experiment where the results weren’t as bad as I thought they’d be… I kinda like this feminine form of mine, not to mention it appears to have much neater writing. I might use it when I need to write these so I can actually read them again at some point.

There is so much more than just this generic list but I can’t help but feel just a bit overwhelmed right now. It has barely been a week and I’m already finding myself with pounding headaches from the overload. I think for now I just need to relax but I find that difficult… I have yet to see these upsets that were mentioned earlier in the week and that is troubling to me. I don’t know my enemy in the slightest and that’s my greatest cause for worry. Perhaps over the next week or so I’ll have questions like that and more answered for me.
Back to top Go down
Travis Algraz

Travis Algraz

Status Page
HP:
Travis's Journal Left_bar_bleue160/160Travis's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (160/160)
MP:
Stamina:
Travis's Journal Left_bar_bleue195/195Travis's Journal Empty_bar_bleue  (195/195)

Travis's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travis's Journal   Travis's Journal Icon_minitime3/10/2014, 1:09 am

the writing this time is a bit corse and the cursive not as neat

Today is the 9th and I have to say that the past week has been eventful to say the least. I ruined what could have been a potential relationship with someone I respected almost right away and I damn near got destroyed from another that was cause by my own greed… the mark that was left on me, while no longer as prominent is still a slight pain that I honestly didn’t think I’d have to suffer. Alas, it is my punishment and I have to hold out until it goes away. Perhaps of a more serious and pressing matter though is that the Upset managed to launch an invasion at the beginning of this weekend, which after my near first death already by the very first upsets I fought was a little more than discouraging already. Because of said recent events, I’m hoping to make strides again as I have started to shift my focus back toward the alchemic pursuits.

What follows for a couple of pages is a bunch of doodles and theoretical recipes on potions and tonics before it returns to the cursive

I’m hoping to add to these notes, tonight even because I’m not sure if I’ll honestly be able to sleep with all the racing thoughts in my head so I might as well put them to use and make something that these people can use which I’m hoping is at the very least a small supply of healing agents. Base potions I’m fully confident in, but its when I delve deeper into alchemy and crawl my way back up that I’ll have to worry again. As bad as this sounds I’m almost certain at this point I will need a philosopher’s stone in order to complete my final tonics, if only to ensure their completion. Without it I fear it will all collapse and end in failure once more. Don’t get me wrong though, I was the best for a reason so surely I can be the best here too right?
Back to top Go down
Travis Algraz

Travis Algraz

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Travis's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travis's Journal   Travis's Journal Icon_minitime3/15/2014, 1:49 pm

The scrawling in this entry seems to have been done a bit hastily as well as almost being done with a nervous twitch

This week’s journal is going to be unlike any previous one. Just thinking about it already has me a bit nervous. After all I’m not sure if this means I’m going insane or if the events that are happening in my dream are actually happening in a “shared space” as told to me. Yes this is going to read like a script but I don’t have choice. It’s going to be the only way for me to make sure I record every one of these happenings as I wake up as well as making sure I don’t miss details that might give me clues as to whatever the hell is going on with me.

This first instance is perhaps the strangest but the most comforting to me; I appeared to have missed my old private office enough to end up there. The walls and floors a semi-reflective black tile, the floor ones sensitive and will leave a slight glowing trail wherever you would step. I noticed the absence of my couches and glass coffee table but paid no mind to it. I was more or less drawn to the fact I was a wolf again, I remember even touching my face and hugging my tail while murring like a happy goof. I even had my gun at my side but… drowning oneself in details like that isn’t too important I suppose. It’s what comes after that though which becomes key as I remember getting drawn to the computer I would have sitting in my office.

ADA on.

*a gentle hum and whurr would be heard as the desk and the computer would start to glow with a bit of life. At which point I always took my spot in the leather chair and turn to face the monitors*

Bio-signature recognition confirmed… Please enter login identity sequence.

Travis Algraz, entrance code Alpha, Sigma, eight, seven, four, Gamma.

Identity confirmed. Welcome back Travis.

*the voice would always lose its synthetic nature and always become a bit more “normal” after this start up sequence, perhaps my favorite part about it too was how normal it would sound to me.*

Now this is an unexpected surprise… shouldn’t you be asleep right now or have you decided to do late night work behind Lyra’s back again? Maybe I should “accidentally” forward a message to her that you’ve been doing this.

Don’t give me any lip ADA that’s not what I’m here for right now… In fact I’m sure I shouldn’t be here.

Then do you mind making a bit more sense by working on something? Keep this up and I might need medical to come in and knock you out.

Fine… Actually would you mind making yourself useful and do some snooping around and taking a careful look in the Euclid Directory, I need the data file R4Z14. I’m a bit curious about something in there.

Alright then, you have your files… what about them though; because if you’re trying to look for pictures on the woman then you wouldn’t have much luck here. As a matter of fact, should I just start a subroutine so you can stare at some racy photos of Lyra again?

I’m not finished… Look up subfolder designated “Contact”

Here they are, all thirteen files. I can assume this means a movie-viewing mode tonight Travis?

Check the query again, Euclid Directory, Main folder R4Z14, subfolder Contact.

As I said, thirteen files found and confirmed.

Give me the time stamp on the last file. Date and time of its creation is key right now.

Feb. 26 <YEAR REDACTED>, 9:07 PM. Mind telling me why exactly that’s so important to you right now… Last I checked you absolutely abhorred the woman in these files. Having second thoughts or something now are we?

Impossible… It says its date of creation was just around my time of death. Run the file.

What I saw next I couldn’t believe. It was an angled overhead view of the day in question, the near empty room in that desolate warehouse, me clutching the bottle of poison and drinking it. All of it was there but what happened after that was the most disturbing part. A distortion, a portal appeared and that thing stepped through it. That wicked dragoness who I spoke to several times before was there and it turns out that after my death she took my gun and my philosopher’s stone from me… It would explain why only my vial came through… sorta. No it didn’t make sense. Is she really what she claims to be? Is that so called goddess really still playing tricks on me even now or is there something more to this I don’t understand just yet. I need answers and I can’t keep waiting for them.

ADA, who was the creator of file 13.

She is here…

Who is here?

The creator of the file is here. Razia, and as a matter of fact she’s about to walk into the room.

At which point I heard the door to my office open and heard the laugh of that damned woman. I tried to turn around in my chair, ready to confront her and draw my pistol but as I got up I went completely limp and fell over on the floor. I panicked and thought I was going to die again as my trusted gun, Miranda would slide across the floor. My sight grew dim and in the last few moments I know I saw “her” walking to me… and then I woke up.

That wasn’t the end of it though. Perhaps I didn’t black out right away because I still have some sort of residual after thought. All it said was to “Make a tonic of dreams so that our shared space might be complete.” I haven’t the foggiest what it could mean but if there is some sort of sleeping potion that I can create with alchemy here then I think I should be able to have a normal night’s respite. That or I’m finally going crazy and listening to voices in my head that aren’t even there at all and this “dream tonic” will only take me further into a rabbit hole that I dare not go down alone. In the mean time though I shall enjoy the snow as a peaceful reminder of home and attempt at making the day a bit less stress filled for once.
Back to top Go down
Travis Algraz

Travis Algraz

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Travis's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travis's Journal   Travis's Journal Icon_minitime3/21/2014, 4:55 am

Again another strange instance occurred without the aide of this potion so far, this is starting to lead me to believe that this really is a bit more than dream but that is something that indeed concerns me greatly…

I found myself sitting in my chair the moment before I drew my gun at her, the figure much more clear and for some reason I find myself less hostile toward the dragoness.

Lights on.

Before I knew it the windows opened to reveal the sky and surroundings I once knew and the tiles changed their color to a slightly glowing white as another one of her forms I guess was revealed to me. She looked mostly human; a sight fairly common in my world but it was some of her slightly striking features that made it stand out to me. Her frame was a bit slender, most of her skin appeared soft and pale, slight patches of smooth light blue scales covered her cheeks, fore arms and part of her legs. She had long, flowing silver hair that was tied near the end with a single ribbon of gold. Her eyes were the most striking feature the dragoness had, as they were still the rich amber eyes of a dragon that could surely pierce through lies and deep into anyone’s soul. Her battle dress was as striking as the woman herself with its bright metal polish, the actual cloth bits of the dress itself appearing to have been cut from the night sky was simply breath taking.

Now… let’s try that again without you trying to kill me Travis, not that you could but still i think it would be appreciated don't you think?

Razia? Is that really you though? You’re not anything like-

Like the arctic dragoness you saw before? I know. I decided to use a somewhat older form I was once fond of for out meeting. Perhaps a bit less intimidating, but right now that’s not the point… Why haven’t you consumed the potion? Do you not trust me?

Its not that I don’t trust you… I just want to know why when we can already communicate.

Because the link is weak for now… most anything I try to do to you or show you will be broken until I can connect to you in your deepest sleep.

I see… so I can barely hold this conversation right now huh?

That is correct. You know what you should do then?

Wake up, carry on with my day and then drink the potion before I sleep tonight?

Good boy… In fact I think I’ll leave you with a parting gift for being so smart today after I give you your next tasks.

She shows me fazeprant and green herbs, the images of the two items coming together and then forming a vial of something I have yet to see before drinking it herself.

Since I can’t use you for the demonstration I kindly ask that you shoot me instead.

What?

I said shoot me. Now listen to your elders and do as i ask pup.

I blindly do as she asks after hearing the "pup" jab, a look of astonishment adorns my face after I see a barrier fizzle the bullet before it reaches her.

Wait!? How!? What did you just make Razia!?

Pick your jaw up off the floor and listen to me. That was something called screening and its purpose is to protect from harm. The best form of medicine is the preventative kind isn’t it?

I suppose… but you said tasks so what else is there?

Well aren’t you eager…

she snaps her fingers, making a fair set of items appear before me before, showing me briefly how they all combine together into a strange device I’ve never seen or could even think of creating on my own.

This mister Algraz is a core for hope… You’re lucky I know how to make similar devices to these as I’ve already had to do so in the past for my Phantom Claw, The Catalyst, and a whole host of other vessels… believe me when I say the town will thank you for this one later.

You have no qualms about me plagiarizing your work?

We have no time for such pointless squabbles over who deserves credit for the work right now as your time grows short as well as my patience. Now do as I have tasked you and make sure you drink the damn potion tonight. Do you understand mister Algraz? Good, now for putting up with me I shall reward you, just don't forget you're still dreaming.

she walks over to my chair, pushing me back and before I know it I think I’m at the shrine in the queen sized bed, and in fact I’m sure of it. Its just… I wasn’t prepared for what was sitting at the end of it staring at me while i was still trapped in my long dream.

Good morning sweetie.

M-Mom…
Back to top Go down
Travis Algraz

Travis Algraz

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Travis's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travis's Journal   Travis's Journal Icon_minitime3/24/2014, 3:15 am

Last night was a rather uncomfortable bit of sleep, in a couple of different ways to be honest. I finally consumed the dream potion but this surely had consequences beyond my imagination. How you might ask? Well for me this meant awakening into what simply is my office once more. I was sitting at the console and immediately I notice a new drop menu to use. Naturally I became curious and this where my newest dreamscape begins.

Ada, do mind telling me what the new option is?

It’s a menu for gateway portals, and right now lots of them are locked. Kinda like in video games where you need to do some progression before others unlock.

Alright then, load up whatever the first gateway is and let me see what I’m up against.

Alright then, scenario one... "When the Last Dance is Over" loading… I should warn you. Something very strange about this program is gonna make it so you might not be the same when you step through it. Don’t ask me how it works though, its not like I made this or anything.

Without question Ada does as I ask and before I know it the door behind me opens and remains open, the other side certainly holding what was said on the tin. It looked like a massive gathering had just occurred in a rather opulent and garish dance hall. The outside from what I could tell through the tall windows was dark yet the room itself remained well lit thanks to the massive chandelier and the glowing crystal torches intermittently scattered across the marble walls. Some of the tables and chairs turned over or broken at this point and the faint sound of a distant crowd could be heard emanating from the gateway. Sitting at a table in the middle of the room however was her, Razia.

Ada… how safe is it for me to enter this gateway?

I think you’ll be fine mister skeptic. It appears each of these programs was done with an absurd amount of care. Each one of them appearing to be a sort of finely crafted masterpiece meant specifically for use with you as well.

Well in that case, don’t wait up.

I walk through the gateway, immediately entering the dancehall and not noticing the door close behind me and fading out of existence as I make my way to her table. I had yet to notice that my attire had changed to a dark blue suit and tie as well, soon standing opposite her at the table and being unable to resist staring a bit at her as she wore a somewhat provocative dress for the occasion. I however wasn’t prepared for how quick a turn this would take into a personal therapy session.

Don’t think I didn’t see you today mister.

Just what are you talking about?

You travis… I saw you crying up at Illium’s side while clutching that dirty little bottle you always have with you now. Would you mind telling me the story behind that little bottle of yours?

You’re a goddess right Razia?

Of sorts.

Then you already know what I’m going to say.

But I want you to say it, if only to help remove that awful weight from your shoulders.

I take a seat across from Razia, sighing and starting to play with the vial between my fingers almost as though I were rolling a coin between them for a bit as I spoke with her.

Well believe or not, when I was alive I was actually already set to be married.

To Lyra or to one of your other play mates?

Lyra… We had talked about it and about a month before she fell ill we decided that we would be engaged on the night of my 18th birthday, giving us plenty of time for the planning of the wedding on our anniversary. Pending that failed or we got too impatient we would engage early so that we could be married by my 18th instead. You already know how that turned out though don’t you.

Why didn’t you marry her when she was in the hospital then?

At that point I start to break down, my composure starts to fail and I begin to clutch that sinful vial tightly in my paw, almost starting to break it as I feel the urge to cry welling up more and more inside me while my speech begins to falter.

B-Because I thought I could cure her… I even t-told her that I’d make sure she got better so we stand together at the alter and that I wouldn’t stand for anything less than the perfect day… and instead I, the world’s best alchemist and the only person with any chance at healing her, wound up killing her. S-She really was the only person I thought I could trust the rest of my life to and someone who was willing to wait for a little k-kid like me... You should have some idea as to how much that meant to me and why it was so important that she got better!!!

I remember burying my face into my arms on the table after trying to use my paws to shakily put the vial away, the tears freely flowing as I openly cried harder now.

Lyra!!! I’m sorry!!!

She then surprised me with her kindness in that moment as she forced the world to fade from us. I don’t remember how or when but I just suddenly found myself with my head in her lap on a floor and just held me there while petting me in the void as I would continue my bawling.

You poor soul… Like many of my past children your life was so hectic and in some moments unnecessarily hard and cruel. Especially for such a young pup like you Travis.

I… want to go back… I want my Lyra back!!!

I kept weeping on her, unable to control myself at this point as I start to cling to her like a little pup and whimper as she continues to pet and hold me close, even wrapping her tail a bit around me. Her tone much like a caring mother’s would be. Upon reflection of the situation it almost seems as though she is no stranger to giving this level of comfort to someone in need. She then lifts my head up so she can look into my eyes with reassurance.

Travis… try to let it go for now ok? This isn’t your day nor is it a day you should spoil with such sad memories. Yes I asked for it but I needed you to cry these feelings out so you can move forward and for your own good. I know the guilt and the weight you carry on your shoulders is great and I don’t want you suffering that any longer. That means I’m willing to help in anyway that I can right now. Besides, you know she would want you happy right… You know that she thought you were her strong little alpha and favorite alchemist up through the very end right?

I start to sniffle and stop most of my crying while slightly pouting. My own tail starts to gently wag and I give a rather immature response in an equally immature and slightly haughty tone.

I still am.

She grins slightly and pulls me into a gentle hug and for a moment i thought i faintly heard a small laugh out of her.

Good, that’s just what I wanted to hear out of the world’s best alchemist. Now do me a favor and sleep a little more easy ok? I know it’s hard right now but trust me when I say It will all work out for you. Don’t ever think that I have forgotten about you my dear child. As a matter of fact I was going to try and stay by your side tonight just to help but… I think this dream potion should be capable of good “healing” dreams don’t you think Travis?

My last response to her is only a slight nod as I sleep again in the dream and later found myself awake in- perhaps that’s actually best left unsaid. Aside from how that ended though, the only thing that really bothers me is I swear I could have felt her warmth around me when I woke up. I don’t know the extent of her power but for now I will have to trust it and don’t see a reason not to. It has given the town screening potions, it’s given the vessel a core, and it has given me peace of mind if only for the moment so for now my life and my sanity is in your hands fair lady Razia.
Back to top Go down
Travis Algraz

Travis Algraz

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Travis's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travis's Journal   Travis's Journal Icon_minitime4/14/2014, 5:58 am

As time passed and the moment after the fall of that grand beast I suppose I fell into a sort of lazy routine, not that I necessarily had a problem with it but~ a certain dragoness did and she was right quick to kick my ass into gear too. It seems I can’t have a moment of rest, even in my sleep these days. I remember the argument all too well, it was just a few days ago while we were sitting in my office…

Do you realize just how lazy you’ve become! Your fighting stance is horrid, you look like you don’t deserve to hold a gun, and your tossing about of potions like party favors made you look like a damned fool! I swear Travis, you’re going to get yourself killed in battle unless you start some serious training and not that faffing about I see you do outside all the time. Just because I can’t be by your side directly doesn’t mean your daily life goes unseen you know!

She would exclaim as we walked around the glass table glaring at each other, her staff with her this time and something I’d quickly learn to fear along with her might

Look, I’m actually going to enjoy the work that was done, we seemed to have survived the ordeal ok considering it was my FIRST TIME going on a vessel and assisting with something so insane as fighting that colossal beast! So at least try and give me a little credit!

You don’t even deserve it!

At that point we stood still and I found myself locked in a staring contest with something that could outright destroy me if she wanted to. Kinda funny how quick I’d forget that small detail too. I’m just glad Ada is more than useful in times like this, even if its just mere coincidence.

Miss Razia, if I might interject for a moment…

she started opening the portal map, as the system ran I would take my seat in my chair with a slight huff, still a bit outraged from the argument

It appears the next area has opened… I’ve never seen a training ground like this before. Do you really think a place like this will make him a better fighter though? I mean, this is Travis we’re talking about here and-

Piss off Ada!!! You’re supposed to defend me!

At that moment I had apparently irritated Razia enough for her to cast silence on me, and I would remain this way for several minutes as well.

Go on.

Anyway~, if you really think this is gonna help him I could just boot up the gate and have you walk through it right now. I don’t quite get why these are here but you obviously know so I’ll leave this kind of dirty work up to you ok?

Thank you Ada… load up file “Training Arena” and have the file “Algraz Alchemic laboratory 8” on standby… I’m gonna make sure I work out his body and mind until he’s ragged, even when awake.

I would try and shout all manners of horrid swears at her during my silence but still nothing, and as the gate stood open I would find myself abruptly yanked out of my chair and dragged by the young looking woman. I can’t say I wasn’t surprised with Razia’s strength but its not the best for one’s ego when you’re dragged off by such a slender creature. Eventually once we passed through I started to get the grand scope of what these were all for… they were all for me somehow and here in this dusted and ancient stone and moss covered arena I was going to receive the next bit of my so called training. At the least I had that damned silence removed from me, and not a moment too soon it seemed.

Travis… draw your peashooter excuses for guns and fight me.

Why?

Because you lack a bit of discipline and if you don’t I’ll shoot you myself.

With wha-

Before I could finish my sentence she kicked the base of her staff with with a quick spin of the crystalline beauty and rapid twirl of her body she would drop to a knee and fire at me. The shot hit me directly in the chest and knocked me on my ass before I could even piece together what happened. As I got up and shook the cobwebs out of my head I saw her still kneeling with no mere staff but an arcane staff fashioned to double as a rifle, the end of the barrel still smoking slighty from the shot she took at me as well. I’d be a bit more impressed too if my pride wasn’t hurt from it but I honestly brought it upon myself and at this point didn’t care.

As as said… get up and draw or I’ll shoot again and this time I won’t miss that pretty little face of yours.

Without another word my hesitation was brought to an end and with weapons drawn, my next stage of training commenced. The pains I suffered in my sleep appeared more than just figments of dreams as for the next couple of weeks I’d feel most of the injuries I’d incur whether they be from battle or alchemic flubs I’d pull in the lab. Were it not for the dreams I’m sure I’d have died several times over already but that’s not what matters I suppose. What mattered was that I thought I was making steady progress. At least for a few days…

Travis… Travis… TRAVIS!!!

This time it would seem that Ada is the one who decides to wake me up into my dream, this time i'm actually a bit startled and naturally at the chair of my computer again, staring at the gentle teal hue of the computer screen.

Sorry Ada… I think I fell asleep again.

A very audible sigh came from her while I leered at her, almost growling a bit in the process while rubbing my eyes

What?! I’m not the one falling asleep in leather chairs all day.

So!!! Razia, that thing, has been working me over like a damn plow horse for days now! I near tripped into the pavilion tables again because of this! I want a restful night’s sleep again if that’s too much to ask.

Well don’t whine to me about it, you know that you need the training and that its gonna have its own pay off at some point. You just need to be a little more patient ok?

It’s not that I’m impatient I’m just… tired is all. The training is starting to fall into the same empty routine as what I’ve done while awake.

Then maybe its time you ask Razia about what next steps you need to take and show a little initiative. I know you’re a lot better than this Travis, maybe you’re just in a bit of a rut.

I guess you have a point.

I would sigh and scratch my head a bit as I enjoyed the silence of the room for a bit, actually even surprised that Razia wasn’t already trying to lecture me or bring me into another gate already. Perhaps its my lucky day or another means of thinking I’ll be pushed into “taking the initiative”.

Ada, would you mind bringing up the gateways for me. I want to see how far I’ve progressed since the training started.

Impatience like that isn’t gonna get you far but I should warn you that you’re coming up on a strange gate soon and that maybe you should consider sticking to your training before pushing on ahead any further.

Oh? Open the Gateway Map.

a large series of interconnected paths and thumbnail images of locations appear on screen, most of them transparent with just a couple of opaque ones filled in. One of them not far off down the branch has an odd border almost resembling the crystalis gates of the waking world

Ada, what’s with the odd man out with the funny border doing there? Are those ones any special?

Those… hmm… I’m actually not too sure. I think you’d have to ask your new girlfriend about that.

Cute. Well, if that’s all you have to give me then try and open the next gate, I think I’ll actually enjoy being there for once without the company of that over powered lizard.

You know she’s gonna kill you for that right?

The playful and relaxed banter would continue back and forth for a moment, as the next location would unlock itself. A place with some very nice memories for me and more importantly a place I really could go to and relax. It was a café I would frequent back when I was alive… At least a couple of times a week I’d manage to pull my busy body self out of the office and walk the 7 blocks to the “Rising Grotto” to go and enjoy a quiet lunch. Lyra always said it was good for my health if I got out to just relax once in a while. Even if I wasn’t a normal kid I should still get my own moment of privacy to unwind and this is where I would spend it. I certainly didn’t hesitate either once it was ready, I even went to my favorite outside table. Sure it was in the corner but they had a small outdoor water feature that just made it so relaxing, I’d listen to the water and enjoy a light sandwich while people watching. It really felt like home for once and I relished in the moment. Until she would arrive of course.

So~, I take it you like your new respite Travis?

I would have snapped at her, were it not for that human form she took again, I think she knew it caught me off guard to just see her like that suddenly too. Even I couldn’t deny its beauty or at least in this moment how cute she looked. I simply accepted it for what it was right now, although I’m pretty sure I looked and acted like a nervous kid on their first date… I don’t even recall looking into her eyes right away after I gazed at her for a bit. I gotta admit she certainly knew what to wear and how to wear it.

Y-yeah… its nice to be here again. Well, not really here but as close to it as I could be.

Then smile. That’s the one thing you haven’t done a whole lot of since you’ve arrived.

I’ve smiled.

Yes and a lot of them were fake and forced.

She would say before casually sipping her tea, I of course didn’t care that it didn’t exist a minute ago or question it out of fear of another potential shot staff blast to the face.

Do you honestly blame me though? I never asked to be put through the ringer like this? More so I’m not sure what to do with this “second chance” if its even real.

And you think they wanted it to happen as well? Look Travis, everyone at some point in their life finds the need to repent for some reason. Yours might just happen to be a slight bit more depressing than a few of the others because you’re a kid. There are plenty of others who are worse off than you though so don’t forget about it ok? You need to remember that all of the people you’re surrounded by are brought together after dying for some reason and that most of these people if not all carry some sort of horrific weight on their shoulders.

Think we could change the topic for a bit? I don’t think this is all that appropriate for a lunch date.

True, I did come for another reason.

She would casually say while placing a slightly ornate golden box on the table.

What is this?

Something you won’t see just yet in the waking world but something you’ll need for the first instance.

I cautiously open the box and gasp a bit while covering my mouth with my paws. My whole body shaking as I’m nearly brought to tears from what I see… cause what I saw was the impossible, it was my philosopher’s stone.

H-how? Why are you giving me this now Razia?

As I reach for it she pulls the box back and closes it. The moment quickly snapping me out of my odd stupor as I recompose myself.

I said not now Travis… You will need it or more to the point, you will need to make a critical decision with it.

Such as?

Did you honestly expect a straight answer out of me Travis?

For once maybe I did. It can’t hurt to be given the answers every once in a while right?

In this case it can, because the decision needs to be made by you and you alone. I will give you this much though, I recommend you bring a few people you trust or are close to along… like them perhaps.

She pointed to people behind me, as I turned to look for a moment I would see Illium, Lionel, and a few of the others casually walking along the sidewalk. I was too stunned to say hello to them so I quickly turned back to face Razia to pester her and ask how but when I did she was simply gone. So much for the calm and relaxing dream I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Travis Algraz

Travis Algraz

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Travis's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travis's Journal   Travis's Journal Icon_minitime4/23/2014, 5:22 am

Again i find myself at the chair and once more i find myself staring at the cyan screen yet today to something different. The gate is opaque and bright. More over my office was void of Razia for the moment. A bit sad when i thought about it initially. Yes she's a bit rough on me but i do love her company. She's one of the few people that keep me sane around here.

Ada... I'm staring at this correctly right? It's ready?

Mhmm... The gate is ready to be opened at your command.

For the first time in a while i was genuinely nervous. My palms were starting to sweet and i could feel myself twitch. I even started to forget everything that Razia had taught me in the past couple of weeks. Nothing left to do now but...

Ada. Open the gate.

Unfortunately i would be disappointed after that command, also for the moment, as i see the image expand and instead of my office becoming a gateway to some important ground critical to my continued existence i instead see a small list of words. I almost thought it a cruel joke at first too. In fact Ada and i would yell back and forth at each other until Razia showed up.

Not what you expected is it?

You damn right it's not! Just what the hell am i supposed to do with that!? That's just a bunch of stupid words!

Look closely at them though... Haven't you seen those words somewhere before? Perhaps somewhere in the waking world?

I "was" going to yell at her but she made a point. I have seen these words and there was only one place that made enough sense for me to have seen them before. The portal controller that we use for gathering. I'm certain i had seen the words there and my stunned silence looked like the answer both of us were looking for.

You get it now don't you? The reason those particular bordered spaces are special.

Why show them to me here though?

Because i can not help you here. Not when these special moments in space and time need a much bigger stage to function on.

I don't... I don't have to do this alone right?

The decision beyond the gate, yes, you will have to make alone. Anything before that is up to you.

I thought carefully about it, in all honesty i stood there for about five minutes. I was mulling over every bit of importance that this particular gate might have. At that moment though i decided to let my own scientific curiosity get the better of me and i end up making perhaps the worst mistake, and all because i wanted to try and prove a slight hypothesis i made after talking with Sandy.

Alright Razia... I think i get it.

I'll be seeing you when the time is right then.
Back to top Go down
Travis Algraz

Travis Algraz

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Travis's Journal Empty
PostSubject: A Letter to Sandalphon   Travis's Journal Icon_minitime4/28/2014, 2:05 am

*sitting atop the bed in Travis's tent lies a small folded up letter with "Sandy" written neatly in cursive on it*

Dear Sandalphon,

I'm hoping that this letter finds you and that you are the first to read it if i haven't already talked to you... In which case this letter would actually be destroyed but please, lets not bother ourselves with 'minor' details. Now then, if you already haven't guessed, I have decided to take some of what we discussed and put it to immediate use. I couldn't resist and simply had to see and be a part of the results in order to believe any of it. In the event that when you read this and more than 3 days have passed since my departure i would like you to get a hold of Sirocco or Averia as soon as possible, they would know what to do in this case i'm sure. Also tell absolutely no one else of this aside from those already mentioned as i want to cause as little disturbance as possible. I fear great commotion inside the created zone might lead to an immediate attack of the upset and i would hate to see such a marvelous discovery ruined by mere shouting and rampant combing just to try and get ahold of me.

Travis
Back to top Go down
Travis Algraz

Travis Algraz

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Travis's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travis's Journal   Travis's Journal Icon_minitime5/11/2014, 1:55 pm

So much happened during my week trapped beyond the portal back home… Well I call it that but that doesn’t necessarily mean its true. I mean yes it looked a lot like home, smelled like home and might as well have been. However the presence of the upset showed me that I was still far from it. I think the most promising thing of all was the presence of those who I knew and those I didn’t in that place. Mayhap the key word “reminiscing” was the culprit for that, if so doesn’t that mean I would be able to create any piece of home there, or better still and walk into a zone like that and find people I thought I could never see again like mom and maybe even Lyra? None of that was going to matter when I sat in the office, there were some questions I still had about the day I returned and I think I had every right to know what happened to me.

You have so many questions don’t you? I don’t think I’ve seen you ever really use this coffee table so clearly this is important to you.

She said while sitting down on the white couch across from me and conjuring up a cup of tea for herself.

Of course I have questions, I’m a scientist of sorts aren’t I?

Then where do you want to begin?

That wasn’t really home was it?

What makes you think that?

The fact that I spent one of my days there trying to reach the edge of the garden by foot and failed to do so, yet easily found my way to the entrance portal from just about any location.

Ah good, so you were paying attention to that… Yes you are correct in your assumption that it wasn’t home but instead a fragment of it created in a space that you decided for it. Were you not pleased with your results?

I can’t say that I wasn’t. I was with dad for a whole week and everything about that seemed wonderful and right so on the contrary i was very pleased with the results.

You hold no grudge against him?

I can’t say that I do really… He made it clear he was doing all of that for my own good. That he had to leave home in order to try and protect mom and I. Hell I almost feel like I screwed up by following in his footsteps.

To the contrary actually, you did what the both of us wanted you to do… You took up your father’s mantle and tried to do something incredible with it. In all honesty I should be apologizing to you Travis.

At that point Razia did something I didn’t expect; she actually started to cry. This all-powerful being who had been trying to help me cope with everything; who in her own past slain demi-gods, gods, demons, and all manner and sort of nightmarish evil started to cry and apologize to me. Sights like that I always hated so without hesitation I moved over to her and held her hand for a bit. I don’t know enough about Razia, but this was one of those moments that I learned that if she cries then something clearly is wrong with the universe. Even more distressing was the fact that I got a hug from her, one for dear life as it were.

Travis… I’m so sorry. You have no idea how bad I feel for you… my precious child.

What do you mean, I know who my mom was… unless you’re going to tell me I’m adopted or something.

No Travis, when I say that I’m referring to a very old order… a very special group of people that your lineage is a part of.

Are you referring to the Children of the Infinite? Dad tried to tell me a bit about it over the week I spent with him but didn’t have a whole lot of info. He just kept trying to say sorry for dragging me into a silent war and having this happen to me.

she finally let go of me and nuzzled me a bit, still keeping an arm around me afterward as she told her story

Travis, I started the Order many years ago… At this point I’ve simply lost track of when because it is essentially fact these days that the Children exist. For what purpose you may ask? To bring balance to the warring forces of light and darkness. Both sides are so bull-headed they seem to forget that both of them are necessary for coexistence and simply try and obliterate each other at the drop of a hat. When I finally transcended from my old life into what you see now I was able to grasp the scope of such war on the multiverse and astral sea I watched over. What I saw was terrible and depressing, that more than my home was in turmoil over such feuding and that it wouldn’t stop. My ability to gaze through time showed me even more as well, events backwards and forwards that had such dramatic outcomes that I simply couldn’t let go so I did something rather unorthodox and started interfering with the lives of mortals. I took it upon myself to start looking at where the balance would put askew and corrected it as best I could. This even meant that the original families which made up the order of the infinite I scattered across space and time to ensure that I could have eyes and ears in as many places as possible. Your family Travis is one of the branching families, which means that somewhere along the line I saw turmoil in your world and unfortunately for you I knew its source, the very man I fought in life, Kolarel. It appears even in death my battle against him doesn’t cease which is rather unfortunate… Even more so now that your world has a strong chance of falling and over someone I should have been able to better protect from him. I’m so sorry Travis, I am so incredibly sorry for you. This should never have happened to you, at least at such a young age.

Razia… I don’t hold any of this against you. You tried warning me I’m sure. I was full of too much pride to see it, and you make it clear that direct interference appears to be forbidden... a common thing amongst higher beings it seems.

Maybe I should have had you go after your father…

What do you mean?

Your father never died Travis, your old man faked his death.

What for?

I’ll give you a hint at the end, for now there is something else I’m sure you would like to ask, I know it still sits on your mind after the events with the portal.

I let out a heavy sigh, yes I did have a question but I wanted to know more about why he faked his death. I guess I didn’t care anymore though; I just wanted answers.

Just one, what happened to me at the end of the struggle? When I broke my philosopher’s stone necklace?

Travis, you never had it, or at least to everyone else who saw you. You were the only person aware of the trinket around your neck, which I never even said was your philosopher’s stone. You merely assumed it was because the properties of it and your actual necklace were made to look identical.

Then what happened to me? That red spark and crackle only comes from one known source that isn’t lightning and that is the stone.

Travis do you remember the other bits that transpired during the break of your artifact?

Actually yeah, I remember taking dad’s launcher after he faked its destruction. He simply played a very clever trick and changed its material to something that didn’t reflect light, thus making it invisible to the eye. Anyone looking close enough at his arm would have known that the wrinkles on his coat come from wearing that thing. The bigger shock came after your whisper finally made sense to me; I didn’t want to believe it but everything about me changed for a short time. Hell, I was cocky enough to not fear death when it was staring at me in the face and decided to rip that awful limb from my chest. What was all of that? The tonics I used and that power that was used?

Let’s answer this in a couple of parts then, starting with what happened in the critical moment. Travis what occurred when you thought you broke your stone out of desperation was something even more important. Instead you broke the shell over you potential, thus allowing all of the power you have to start flourishing and exposing itself in a whole new light. It seems all of my children have similar traits but for one such as yourself, a master alchemist, used it in the one way even I didn’t think I’d see out of you and that was a means of survival. Many times in the past it has become a show of power and grand might, but for you it was an act of true desperation, which you gave yourself a subconscious answer for. As for the tonics, which followed, they are both also key to whom you are Travis.

I could tell that much the instant I saw the gold one get injected into my body, I don’t think I’m ever forgetting the Aurum Potable… as for the rainbow colored one I’m just a bit lost. I should know, and I’m pretty sure that I’ve thought about it but can’t remember the where, when and what of it.

Travis, do you remember the night after you cured your mom of her cold?

You mean when I got sick? Hmm… come to think of it… I remember I couldn’t sleep that night at all, my coughing kept me awake and I felt like a ball of fire. It was so bad and everything about me hurt to the point where I do remember quite a bit of crying and howling. Mom did something a little unexpected and brought me into her room, and took me out to the balcony to watch the shooting stars for the first time. Yes I was a shivering mess but looking at the stars that night just turned a lot of it around. For a brief moment I smiled and forgot I was sick. I remember mom smiling and hugging me… She even asked me, “Tell me sweetie, what are you thinking about when you look at the stars?” I told her that I wanted to bottle them up so I could share the pretty stars and the colors they make with the world.

What if I told you that is exactly what you did in that moment. That you used your dreams and your memories to help you overcome some of the worst parts and fears about yourself that you have?

But, I thought… but dad was the one with the two tonics in his launcher, how could I have known about either of them being in there at the time?

As I said, you gave yourself a way out Travis, you cheated death in a rather interesting way.

So does that mean that the tonics were both never there as well?

Just the opposite, everything you knew about both tonics gave them life in that zone and hopefully down the line in town as well. Travis what you don’t seem to get is that you are still a brilliant alchemist with all the right tools and support. You just need to keep your confidence this time and trust me when I say that you have so much work to do… Now if only we could get you back home to Chloe…

Who is that Razia?

Quite simply Travis, the reason your father left and lied about his death and all the more reason why we need you back home. Losing you to the silent war is bad enough, I don’t want to lose anymore.

It wouldn’t be until after the next voyage that some of these questions about the identiy of Chloe would start to really bother me… Lately my need for companionship really has done that to me. My nights have been a nice cluster of odd pains that have me whining for Lyra or just about any form of companionship that can fill the odd void in my life. Maybe that’s why thoughts of the identy of Chloe interested me so much, because she was a mystery aside from name. More so I had to deliver unsavory news to Razia and naturally she wasn’t going to take this bit of news too well and to be rather honest, I wasn’t holding up well either

What do you mean that you can’t return!?

I’m just reporting on what I heard Razia. That there is no escape from this “game” and that apparently I have some greater purpose here. You’re going to tell me he’s lying right… right Razia?

Travis, please leave everything to me, I promise I will do whatever I can ok? I’m not letting someone else decide so easily what happens to MY children. I need you too after all. I won’t have you become one of the lost ones…

Are you telling me I’m not the first one to end up like this?

No you’re not… My children have been disappearing from all spots in time and it’s distressing, I had my dear friends Deneb and Vindre look into the matter but they couldn’t dig up much beyond this game that was mentioned a few times. I had no idea this would actually be it.

So… what’s going to happen to me?

I was now pacing around the office, soon sitting in my chair only to tap my feet nervously at the floor until Razia tapped my shoulder gently

What’s going to happen is that you’re going to stay here until I find out a bit more about this place and why its so intent on taking my children… in the mean time please resume your training without me ok?

Yes Razia.

she left and I was alone again in the room, a rather odd feeling but without much else to do…

Ada, I need you to look something up for me. I need you to pull any data you have on someone with the name Chloe, check cross references with me, Astor Algraz, Estelle Algraz, and Razia. I think it's time I got some answers and you seem to be holding more than I remember giving you so let me have it.

Scanning internal memory… Access layers one through three unsuccessful, One file found on Access layer four… Biological profile Chloe Algraz. Congrats Travis, it looks like you have a twin sister.

WHAT!?
Back to top Go down
Travis Algraz

Travis Algraz

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Travis's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travis's Journal   Travis's Journal Icon_minitime5/26/2014, 2:51 am

The past couple of weeks have been rather… strange. I’m not quite sure what to make of anything at this point since I’m stuck in a slight fog but I’m sure this too will pass… well that and other messes. Thankfully I have made a bit of progress as to what I know I’ll have to face next and I’m almost certain what’s waiting for me at the next personal gate but for now I just have to keep training under Razia, who may need to help me with something personal as it appears I’ve lost my creative spark for alchemy.

Travis, you’ve been at the computer for a long while… maybe you should just relax for a bit? In fact… yeah, I’m detecting some vital spikes. Start talking mister.

I remember sighing and remaining silent for a short bit, only to be interrupted by a gentle bop on the head from Razia. I couldn’t help but feel relieved for the first time in a while to see her. I don’t know what came over me but I just couldn’t help but hop out of my chair and hug her as she pet me for a bit. I’d almost say she wasn’t surprised

Miss Razia, perfect timing… I’ll just set the gate for you.

Easy little one~. You act like you’re seeing a ghost or something.

Well you kinda left me to my own devices for a while and I just… well I hate admitting this but I think I’m still losing my touch.

she led me over to the gate, soon taking me to the café for the both of us to talk and for me to start venting a slight bit

You seem edgy Travis, what’s got you so bothered lately?

Well, some of it honestly has to deal with my works in alchemy.

What about them? You seem to be working at a steady pace and aren’t slacking too badly. Granted if I were around I’d give you a gentle kick to speed you along. Mayhaps I should employ one of your friends to do that job for me?

Heh, there isn’t really a need for that Razia, at least not yet.

Mind telling me why you feel you’ve been slacking so much though? Just because I’m not around doesn’t mean you can’t leave memos for me. You know I’ll get to it right?

I know, but just how do you help someone that can’t pull their racing thoughts together?

What do you mean?

Just that, I can’t seem to keep my mind under a calm state and moreover without Lyra I just feel… lost. My muse is gone so now I just feel like all I can do is stagnate, physically and mentally.

At some point I can’t remember there was a small bit of tea in front of me, not that I could complain, all these small reminders of home just helped me. At least until I started seeing people I knew in my dream. I honestly feel like my touch on reality really was slipping.

Travis, I know I don’t say this enough but I know you can handle all of this. Just because this wasn’t in any of my plans for you doesn’t mean you can lose faith so quickly. Especially when your sister is doing all she can to help you from home as well.

Speaking of Chloe… Just, why did you all keep her a secret from me? Why did you keep any of this a secret; the war, my family, my importance in the world, my family history? Why was all of that kept away from me?

Believe me, I was going to tell you once the time was right. At the time you succeeded.

Then how did everything fail?

I’m unsure of that right now. I almost wanted to say my old nemesis Kolarel had something to do with this at first but that quickly changed when his own warriors had disappeared in a similar fashion.

So… someone more powerful than you is pulling the strings?

I perhaps touched on a nerve I shouldn’t have when I said that. She is a dragon after all and pride like hers is something to fear when she has all the power to back it up. Yes I’ve seen very little of that power but the bits and pieces Ada allows me to see is astounding.
I’m afraid so, and worse yet they’ve decided to tug on the wrong one when it came to you… I swear if I ever met this fool I’ll give him a piece of my mind. 7.39 billion souls just from your world alone… forsaken because it was decided you should be put here in some idiotic game!!! To hell with whoever took you! I’m bringing you back Travis and no one can stop me! Yes I remember what that angel thing told you but you know what? He’s screwing with other higher powers and I’ll be damned if I have to start bowing down to others because apparently they THINK they need you more than I do!!!

She was mad… incredibly mad. I know she didn’t intend on it but she actually managed to channel psychic energy into her tea cup and shatter it. Thankfully none of the pieces hit me… then again I don’t think instantaneously disintegrating porcelain can really do any harm to me. That didn’t change the horrifying bit she revealed to me… I thought it was just the lives of those that knew me that were affected. Not the entirety of the world I lived on. My heart sand and for that moment my despair seemed endless and both of us felt a terrible guilt.

7.39 billion… That’s everyone isn’t it?

Travis I… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say that in front of you, I suppose my draconic pride still remains, even in this supposedly perfect form. I shouldn’t have let it hurt you though.

Its fine… I hurt people before so this honestly isn’t too shocking a revelation. After all I was the one with the secret to a cure to end all disease right? So my own selfish actions should rightfully doom a whole world and for what? Because I couldn’t stand being without the girl I love.

But none of that horrible mess was supposed to happen Travis. Your world was supposed to prosper and eventually achieve the closest thing to Utopia considering such imperfect creatures. You are a more than just one of my children of the infinite Travis, you’re an incredible individual who really has as limitless potential as the stone you once held. I do not know what cut it short and set this wreck into motion but believe me… your sister and I are going to do all we can to remedy the situation. Please just keep up your faith for me. You can do that right?

I don’t see why not… I’m still here and have obviously cheated death right? I’m sure you and chloe can help me if I’ve already come this far on this odd journey. But when I do get back home, there better be a burger or something waiting for me… hell, making a surprise party. Cause I’m sure the board of directors would love to see my smiling face again. Hehe.

The rest of the night was rather lighthearted and brought back to a more sane level of discussion. I’m not quite sure about my future but for now I won’t bug her about the next gate. After all I’m not ready to face the transmutation trials again anytime soon. Perhaps I just need to keep my face in my work for now and shrug off what annoyances come up for me.
Back to top Go down
Travis Algraz

Travis Algraz

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Travis's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travis's Journal   Travis's Journal Icon_minitime6/2/2014, 11:30 pm

I can’t remember how but lately I’ve been working non stop in my dreams… racing thoughts, anxiety, inadequacy… all of that and so much more playing into my personal hell and I don’t know if I can be saved from it right now. Razia seems to have hope but I’m convinced that I’m only slipping closer to madness.

So you wish to improve the core of the vessel you guys use?

Yes but I don’t know if its entirely possible… would you mind helping me create a zone I could train for town related purposes?

Do you want it inhabited or empty?

I’ll need a few people. Namely Shira, Sirocco, and Averia… you’ve been able to observe them right?

Yes I have and I’ll start with them but I’ll make sure that the rest of them come in later. Would you mind telling me the sudden interest in having a personal town to train in?

If the physics of the town are incorporated into the zone here then I can see if what I want is even possible.

Why do I get the feeling that you’re talking about more than just the core at this point Travis?

I told you I’m lacking confidence Razia. Something that’s getting worse by the day and I just want to see if I can make a difference for people. I don’t feel like I’m doing enough for the town and worse yet I feel days starting to slip away. The thought of it all terrifies me and I just want to try and do something good before I tear myself apart…

I didn’t even realized it but in that moment I came that close to despair and again in that moment I called an odd power forth. In the moment I felt like I was lost I changed. The wrapped bandages, the bloodied coat, the eye covering. I wore it once more as if it were my second skin and this time I wanted answers for it

W-what… why did that happen? Its never happened here before but I guess since it’s a part of me its normal.

Travis, just how long have you been able to do that?

After I faced part of my ugly past in the zone I was told to create, why?

I looked at the dripping claws I had with a slight bit of disgust. I felt horrid and impure, like all I wanted to do was destroy, and the worst part was I had the surge of power to help me possibly accomplish that goal too. Yes I was in control but that lingering hatred just always nagged at me. I guess I should be a bit more thankful I have Razia to give me answers in time of need like that.

I was wondering what kind of power would awaken within you when you faced your struggle… perhaps it is time I fulfill my promise and fully explain what is going on when you transform. Travis when you broke your stone you allowed yourself as an alchemist to start doing the impossible and change your body at will. As you are a very emotional creature this means the forms you take are relative to a couple of factors, the level of dormant arcane power you are channeling through your body and the emotional state you carry with the power. The form you currently hold is a very special one. Ada, load up the Arcanum shift files please and load up the first one.

Yes Razia… Opening file. Designation: Sophmoric Caretaker…

and before me I saw it, er… me. As I currently look and with it a bunch of charts and data I didn’t quite get so I started where I thought was best.

Um… What does it mean by "Arcanum Form 0: The Fool”?

What it means Travis is that you have an incredible journey of self-discovery to go on in order to put yourself back together and this form is where you start. The form of the fool is a sign of great beginning and for you this means starting off where you last felt you ended in your previous life. So filled with self-loathing and selfish desire at the end. In trying to cure the world and help it, you blinded yourself also with the selfish desire of Lyra and the keys to the world that were given to you. This form reflects all of the self-hatred you have and want for destruction out of grief. However all is not lost with this one as it is the first step you must master in order to become whole again and in time you will do just that.

What if I fail?

I don’t think you will Travis. You have so much support and you really don’t realize it just yet. In due time and with experience you’ll learn that ok? For now though, lets get you “home”… Load up a new area sequence Ada.

I’ve already started working on it while you two chatty kathys were blabbing the day away. All it really needs right now is a name, any ideas Travis?

Call it… Provenance.
Back to top Go down
Travis Algraz

Travis Algraz

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Travis's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travis's Journal   Travis's Journal Icon_minitime6/10/2014, 5:25 pm

I’ve finally started to hit my tipping point I think… I’ve gone mad and started to want to destroy things. My actions are starting to be dictated by the greed I can no longer satisfy and feed… I almost let it consume me over the past few days and I fear in the days to come I will potentially do harm with it. To what could I want to do harm to though? Everything really but I’ve safely confined it to my dreams as best I can. I can’t even begin to think how many “hours” I spent making and shattering glasses of everything because of how fed up I am… How inadequate I’ve slowly started to feel. Just how much loneliness is starting to plague me in the moments when I feel the town was too quiet. Perhaps I’m just not doing enough but I’m not sure what else to do, I fear hurting others or doing something dumb lately so I isolate myself and meditate or work, but the isolation attempts when they actually do work only further the problem…

God damn it!!! All of it!!!

various bottles being shattered and broken, whether they are shot, thrown, or simply crushed in his hands, the destructive force just raging on through one of the practice lab zones until it almost looked like a fine snow had covered some of the ground

Why!? Why can’t I get anything I want done for myself!!! Oh I know why… I know WHY!!!!!

Travis!

I stop as I hear that sound, that familiar sound from a very familiar dragoness. A slow manic laughter coming out of me as I turn to stare at her and let myself slip into my form change

Razia~ How wonderful~. Tell me have you come to dance with me today? Please tell me you have some sort of good news if you’re going to say anything at all~, otherwise leave me to my destruction today as this is very… well its not really relaxing but it is a good bit of fun and right now that’s all I want to do is have FUN!!!

I go back to smashing more and more glass like a mindless idiot, most of the glasses filled with potions I couldn’t remember until she walked up to me and grabbed my paw. She managed to twist my wrist hard enough for me to let go of the bottle and simply let it drop as I stared into her eyes. When I did I saw my own pain reflected in them. All of that sorrow and anguish that has been building up since day one, every bit of pain I’ve tried to hide. Pain that only became worse after Yulian dropped his cruel reality hammer on the both of us, pain that I keep pushing away to the back of my mind because there isn’t anyone else to take it or help me with it, pain that finally broke the beaker that was me on the inside.

Travis please stop, I know you’re so much better than this. Why let the rage and pain consume you right now? What got you to snap my dear child?

I focused on it, every reason I despise myself right now and I feel it coming closer and closer to me... yes yes that's it... closer... and closer... AND CLOSER, oh god its here... its here and its finally coming to get me, and no one can help me... that's right NO ONE CAN HELP ME!!!!!!

What’s coming closer Travis?

I would tremble and shake, my insane laughter continuing and seeming to echo in the room now as the green ooze would keep dripping from the form I had. Soon I began to hold myself as I slunk closer to the floor and eventually held myself in a curled up ball of… well I don’t even know what I was at the time… I just know it wasn’t who I wanted to be.

My past, it’s coming back for me and it wants to devour me. I can already hear bits and pieces in my head over and over and it’s driving me abso-fucking-lutely nuts! Isn't that wonderful Razia!? ISN'T IT!?

What are you talking about specifically though?

The moment where the horrible and ceaseless ticking comes form Razia. Its slowly starting right here in these dreams… the ticking and the sound a flat lining heart monitor just haunting me and slowly getting louder and louder until one day I’m sure It’ll haunt me when I wake up and then bit by bit I’ll go mad from it their to-

I swear the times I get slapped by her are always deserved but at this rate if I keep collecting the times she’s slapped me on a stamp card I think I’ll be entitled to a small prize of some sort or something soon. Cause getting hit by her certainly has a good bit of hurt to it. Once her wings flared and those amber-colored soul piercing eyes looked down on me with daggers pointed right at my heart I knew I pissed her off again and pretty badly too she even picked me up off the ground with one hand too. I can’t tell if she used a spell to make me go limp or if I simply gave up and just became her rag doll once she held me… I didn’t care though, it happened and I couldn’t stop it even if I wanted it to.

Wake up Travis!!! For crying out loud you are an alchemist, a man of rational and coherent thought! The last thing I need you doing is becoming nuttier than squirrel shit because you still feel guilty over your past and things that you can’t go back in time for because you are dead!!! Do you understand!!! You cannot fix them now and you have to try and move forward! Just why is moving past this so hard for you?!

Because whole families died at my paws alright! Whole families died because I was fucking greedy and all of that is coming back now! I want what I deserve and to me that means the whole of the world bowing at my damn feet! Why?! Because I’m the best alchemist and no one can tell me otherwise! I want to be valued again and not just looked at like I could be replaced because I can’t and that’s all people are going to do again is toss me aside and replace me! And that is only after I’ve probably killed again!!!

After the shouting I became limp in her hold again. I simply broke down and cried, knowing that I was snapping and just losing my own mind horrified me and I really didn’t know what to do. For once I wanted to be selfish and take and that just tore me down the middle simply because I thought this was the place to start over. To not have to have worldly evils hold us back but it seems it’s only fed whatever lurks deepest in me. Perhaps my mind knows it and that’s why it’s forcing this upon me, because it knows the time is at hand…

Travis… Are you going to be ok? Travis!?

Razia! We have a huge problem here!

From this point I didn’t really pay attention too much, I was just lost in a sort of trance as I stared at the ground, I know she moved us back to the main room with Ada though. But I just kinda wish she didn’t.

Ada I’m busy dealing with a brat of a child, just what could be so important that you needed me at this exact second?!

The gate… one of the gates is opening on its own!

Impossible. No gate can simply open unless he’s wiling it and given the command.

Razia, its opening and it can’t be halted. What do I do? I can’t even emergency shut down the stupid thing!!! Oh no… Razia! It’s the fatal operating room!!! It’s where-

I heard it open, I know what was there too… its what’s been there for a few nights too. A bright white light from the doorway with two figures standing there, they both stare out at me and every time it opens I hear that faint sound from it. The ticking and the heart monitor flat lining, but now it was joined by a new sound. The sound of the little girl standing in the doorway humming a small tune was perhaps the most haunting thing I can remember. That sound only belonged to one… one sweet little girl who will haunt me almost as much as Lyra and even now as I am awake I can very faintly start to hear it.

Tick tock… goes the clock… five minutes to midnight…

Who are you and how did you break the psychological barrier? Just what are you to him!?

That evil little monster giggled, and it was a rather disturbing thing for such a little girl. Almost as though the sound was meant to make me go mad and from there it did start working on me.

Ask him… ask my doctor what I am to him.

Travis, tell me what she meant by you being her doctor? Focus and answer me, please because I don’t want to do anything drastic.

Yes doctor. Tell your pretty dragon friend what your friends in white coats did to me? Tell her how you broke a promise to me that you made!

Travis wake up out of your stupor and talk damn it!

she would say while shaking me like a rag doll now

Oh Doctor!~ Travis! You didn’t forget your promise to me did you?! You said it wouldn’t hurt and that my heart and me would get better remember?~ You said you would save me right my doctor?

A-Amelia… I’m sorry…
Back to top Go down
Travis Algraz

Travis Algraz

Status Page
HP:
MP:
Stamina:

Travis's Journal Empty
PostSubject: How the Other Half Lives: Her Beginning in His End.   Travis's Journal Icon_minitime6/11/2014, 3:10 am

Jarvis, are you absolutely sure this is the building?

Yes Chloe.

a slight sound could be heard from the young wolf’s wristwatch, almost seeming like sonar.

I’m transmitting distance to the location right now. When you get close enough I will deactivate the tracker so it won’t be such a loud nuisance to you… current distance to RFID signature is approximately 300 meters.

Thank you Jarvis but the so call “noise” is kinda the least of my concerns right now.

This cold weather perhaps? It's about 39 degrees Fahrenheit and it is supposed to rain later tonight-

Jarvis you know I’m not in the mood so shut up.

Yes madam.

If you haven't figured it out just yet, my name is Chloe Algraz… 24 hours ago I received a strange letter from what appears to be my twin telling me he was going to die today if nothing was done. I couldn’t let my twin just die like this but thanks to some horrid delays and some shitty directions given to me I ended up lost a lot longer than I wanted to. All I could do was hope that I wasn’t too late. That’s not how it works if you’re a child of the infinite though… Luck is very rarely on your side when you want it if you’re one of us. I kinda wish Jarvis wasn’t such a spoilsport, I wanted to keep my false hope, my delusions for just a little bit longer but he really didn’t want me to have it I guess. Then again, I should have guessed something was wrong when the group of bad suits stepped out of the warehouse and slipped into a limousine. They weren’t my focus though, Travis was.

Chloe, we have a problem. Vital life sign spike detected… condition of Travis Algraz deteriorating.

What?! Brother!!! Hold on!!!

I ran like a bat out of hell through that place after kicking open the door. The stench of strong alchemic chemicals and tonics everywhere and it bothered me. Damn near made me sick but it just kept getting worse by the second as I kept hearing how my brother’s life was fading away. I wasn’t far from him either when I heard the bad news either.

Distance to Travis Algraz 150 met-… Vital signature ceased… Checking for signal on all frequencies… null life sign signal repeated. Travis Algraz, deceased and confirmed. I’m sorry Chloe. We got here just a bit late I’m afraid… Miss Chloe?

All I could do was remain silent as I kept working my way through the rooms. I wasn’t in such a big hurry anymore though. It wasn’t like I had to be either. When I found him in what I could assume was the office of his former employer I just couldn’t help myself. I went to his slumped over corpse by the ornate office desk and touched his cheek, felt that slight bit of warmth that was still there as I cried silently and found out just how horrible it is really see your twin and in someways yourself just dead. The pained expression on his face… he died with regret and terrible guilt in the end, it didn’t take a psychic to know that and when I held him I too was stricken with the same horrid emotions.

Travis, I’m so sorry. I couldn’t save you this time; worse still you shouldn’t have died brother. We needed you!!! I needed you!!! This world is completely fucked without you!!!

I couldn’t bring myself to slap him, alive or dead he still deserved the respect and care for him that I always had as family. Sure he never saw me but I didn’t want him to find me. I wanted to remain that thankless shadow that assisted him when times were at its roughest although just like with the trials, Lyra, and now this I’ve failed one time too many.

Chloe. It appears we may not be alone for much longer, I am detecting a space-time anomaly just outside this room.

Give me somewhere to hide Jarvis, now!

You have 20 seconds to do so, please exit the room and move down the hall to the storage space.

I ran without looking back, I knew damn well who was behind that tear in reality. That stupid lizard, hell if I should be mad at anyone right now it should be her. She basically got him killed anyway. I would have probably burst out of the room too if it wasn’t for her just going in and coming out rather quickly. She appeared to have her hands full but before walking away I had to go out and ask…

Just what the hell were you doing in there Razia?

Chloe… so you were here after all.

She stood so casually with his belongings in her hand, seeming to not care that I was staring right at her. It pissed me off and from here you get to learn I’m great at making mistakes as I took out my rapier and rushed at her.

Drop my brother’s belonging you bitch! They’re his!!!

She was fast, amazingly fast, and when I thought I had stabbed her she vanished behind me and knocked me out with a strong swing of the staff to the back of my head. Hours passed I’m sure and from there I know I didn’t wake up back on my plane. The air felt so different when I came to in that odd marble tower. It was rather fitting for a dragon to have such gaudy tastes but the more I went up the more of her so called work I would see and become familiar with. What I was most interested though was the room at the top, her library where she had always kept herself busy. I’ll grant that she was at least hospitable about me entering the room as I was greeted by a floating tea cup.

Drink up child, you’re going to need it.

I would look up and see her flapping her wings to hover at one of the higher bookshelf levels she kept. You would need something like that anyway if you saw how massively tall the interior was. The center of the room holding a lovely and large dark wood table with brilliant azure tapestry on it. The centerpiece to this table looking like some sort of astrolabe with an hour glass in it… rather odd but I did not question it. She had other areas sectioned off too. A space for an office desk, some for a fireplace and small lounge, even a bedding and kitchen area. I bet if I looked enough I could find all I really need to live in this odd space that seemed… I dunno, perhaps a bit too big for what is in it if that makes sense. I let my occupied mind drink up and wait for her descent to the ground. Her claws held some rather impressive looking leather bound books I almost wanted to ask about but simply let it pass as I already had enough of a time trying to process where I was.

Let me start by saying welcome Chloe.

Knocking me the hell out and kidnapping me is one interesting way of welcoming someone to your… study? Living space… whatever this is, its still doesn’t change that you went about your means of bringing me here in a rather rude way.

And you rather I would have let you stab me child?

Understandable since you were grave robbing my brother I would think, now why did you do it?

Because I had to.

Why?

You will see soon enough… For now I have to prepare a couple of things. Just make yourself at home and please don’t disturb my friends if they show up ok?

Fine I guess… I’m not going to die from a concussion am i?

I’ve had millennia to perfect a means of knocking anyone out without killing them, believe me you’d be the first in a very long time. Now rest up, the days ahead are going to require a lot out of you and I would like you to be in top form. Understand Chloe?

Yes Razia.

I don’t know what these plans of hers are but if she needs me and brought me here then I’m sure they’re massive. After all she saw his corpse and the both of us know and are aware that he’s not supposed to die like this. Also who were those assholes in suits… I mean they didn’t appear to have killed him physically but whatever they did to him in that place clearly drove my brother to suicide and I do want answers. For now I guess I have to play by Razia’s rules and wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Travis's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travis's Journal   Travis's Journal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Travis's Journal
Page 1 of 1